Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/16/2003 12:30:49 PM EDT
I purchased a Reising M-50 SMG and have read on the net little bits of info on Thompson mags getting converted to be used in the Reising. Does anybody know about that? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:06:04 PM EDT
This I'll have to check.. There is a nice Model 50 handy, I just need to find a Tommy mag.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:58:03 PM EDT
I don't think a mag conversion is legal with a mag over 10 rounds unless the mag can be used in the original gun as well as the gun for which it is modified. BATF had some letter opinions on that. If you want KC 30 rd mags call Paul Hayes at 513 922-0632. They are expensive though--at least $150
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:25:00 PM EDT
Mich- It's a NFA weapon. That magazine crap does'nt apply..

Compuvette- It looks like it MIGHT work, but I'd have to see the actual replacement mag well to be convinced..

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:16:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Meplat:
Mich- It's a NFA weapon. That magazine crap does'nt apply..

And the survey says . . . BZZZZZZZZZZ!

Hi cap magazine restrictions apply to machineguns, semis, anything. At least until 2004.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:10:48 PM EDT
Phil- I have yet to see a postban Tommy, or Reising mag..Let alone one made after the 40's..

Top Top