Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 10:34:04 AM EDT
I'm about to turn 18, and right now I have a Bushmaster XM-15, Winchester Defender, and Ruger 10/22 all registered to various family members (over 18). I would like to change the registration over to me when I turn 18, but don't quite know how to go about this. Does anybody know where I should go, and how much it will cost? Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What registration? There is no registration. Their names are on the 4473's, and yours isn't. Count your blessings. Register nothing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Oregon doesn't have gun registration, so there's nothing to change.  Your family members' names are on the form 4473's, but that doesn't really mean anything.  If they purchased any of those guns after the 'instant check' system was implemented, then the Feds have records that they bought them.  However, that is still meaningless (so far), as there is no federal 'registration' requirement.  If you are now 18, just get the guns from your relatives- there is absolutely nothing that has to be done to 'transfer' the guns to you.  Forget about it and enjoy your guns.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry about it unless they were straw purchases and you are not elegible to own a firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top