Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 7:53:26 PM EDT
Do I need to amend the adress in the trust if i move? Or just write the new adress down on the Form 1, with the name of the trust?
I am still in the same state, just bought a house. Please any help will be greatly appreciated.

R
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just write the new address on the form 1.  Does your trust document even have an address for the trust in it?  Most do not.  Generally the trust can use the address of any trustee.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Yes it does have an address, basicly stating where we were residing at the time.  

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
if your trust has an address listed for you as the "grantor" of the trust and that is no longer valid, than the trust needs to be amended.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It just lists me as the the "settlor" and "trustee"....so is this the same as the "grantor"?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It just lists me as the the "settlor" and "trustee"....so is this the same as the "grantor"?

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]
From my lawyer:

It is great to hear from you!

All you would typically need to do is "send notice" to the trustee of the address change. You are the trustee so you are aware of the address change. You can do nothing and it is fine.

Please let me know if you have any other questions..

So it sides with what Chris was saying..Thanks guys for all of the input.

I hope this thread helps others:)

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It just took her awhile to reply..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
It just took her awhile to reply..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Grantor and settelor  are the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top