Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 10/2/2014 3:09:18 PM EST
I had a form 1 that i submitted and then immediately after i submitted noticed that i had a type-o. I called the NFA branch and they told me to send a letter saying that i wanted to cancel the form. About two weeks later i got the email saying it was disapproved. It has been about a month and a half since it was disapproved and i haven't got a refund for the tax yet. Do any of you guys know how long it usually takes?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:32:07 PM EST
Call the card company and file a chargeback, I wouldn't sit around for a month and a half. Uncle sugar expects the money ASAP when you owe it to him....
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:50:38 PM EST
It's been a few years, but I have had to receive a refund from NFA Branch. IIRC, it took a couple of months. The check comes from the Department of the Treasury, and you have to remember that two agencies accomplishing something in concert is not going to happen quickly. I believe they told me it would take 4-6 months, though it happened a bit faster than that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:52:49 PM EST
My refund is approaching a month as well...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:32:54 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ebern220:
Call the card company and file a chargeback, I wouldn't sit around for a month and a half. Uncle sugar expects the money ASAP when you owe it to him....
View Quote

I'm not going to do a chargeback against the atf or us treasury. It's only $200, not worth the potential unforeseen problems it could cause.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:02:02 PM EST
Top Top