Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2014 7:51:03 AM EDT
So I recently won a Gun Broker auction for what was advertized as a "new, old stock" folding stock for a Springfield M1A, which I wanted to install on my new Socom 16. Well, I got screwed, it was actually for (apparently) a Beretta BM59, and nowhere near able to fit on my Socom! I have asked to return it, but have not heard back from them yet, and kind of doubt I will. This leads me to choices time, I can:
1. Try to return it.
2. Sell it.
3. Try to replace the wood with an M1A stock (is this even possible?)
4. Buy a BM59?

It is in nice shape, just not doing me any good. For the record, it is a late Reese single bar type folder, not a true Italian.
So, what route would you take and why?
OMC
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#1]
So which BM59s are you looking @?  
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So which BM59s are you looking @?  
View Quote

I would too...
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
If in fact it was a misleading add you should be entitled to a refund. I have had similar experiances. A lot of people sell without really knowing. I have always got a refund. Be patient.  I have both a Tanker garand that I have fitted a BM59 stock to. And a BM59. If you don't mind could you IM me with more info on the stock
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Offer it up here before you try to return it please.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
You should definitely tell Gunbroker that you got bait and switched by the seller, and post the feedback about the seller as well.  (If he never gets back to you)  The more people do this, the less it'll happen.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]
It works well on an M1 Garand, though it needs a couple of small mods to really do it right.

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#9]
If the seller never gets back with you, you can always go back and edit your feedback within a certain time frame.  Report it to GB as well.  Feel free to post the seller's moniker here as well so I can block him.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I should syt two things; first, the seller did finally get back to me and second, he did offer to take it back. Because I have run across a few folks that expressed interest in  it, I went ahead and sold it with no loss, so I am considering it a done deal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So I recently won a Gun Broker auction for what was advertized as a "new, old stock" folding stock for a Springfield M1A, which I wanted to install on my new Socom 16. Well, I got screwed, it was actually for (apparently) a Beretta BM59, and nowhere near able to fit on my Socom! I have asked to return it, but have not heard back from them yet, and kind of doubt I will. This leads me to choices time, I can:
1. Try to return it.
2. Sell it.
3. Try to replace the wood with an M1A stock (is this even possible?)
4. Buy a BM59?

It is in nice shape, just not doing me any good. For the record, it is a late Reese single bar type folder, not a true Italian.
So, what route would you take and why?
OMC
View Quote

Take option #4!  I have a BM-59 and I love it!  it's what the M-14 should have been (.308, magazine fed, folding stock, flash hider but best of all, a Garand action!).   Not familar with the Reese stock. My F stock is original and works well.  Worst down side to the BM-59 is finding magazines for it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top