Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/21/2012 9:28:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2012 10:45:28 AM EDT by PlinkerMO]
Newer to posting in this forum but been reading up for a while now, including the faq. Just ordered a Lee classic cast press to start preparing to load on thanks to some gift cards from my work.

So I was looking at/ considering dies and seen the Redding Series A rifle 2 die set but I have not seen much on these. Any feedback or opinions? I know Redding in general is well regarded for quality dies but I mean specifically this set. Alternatively I looked at just a Lee and RCBS standard rifle die sets. Would the redding be a better investment over either of these?

I am not looking to do handload bolt gun precision ammo obviously but I do want my ammo to be quality stuff for my AR's (one of which is a 1/8 wylde stainless barrel setup which I would like to feed fairly nice accurate food).
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 10:53:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PlinkerMO:
I am not looking to do handload bolt gun precision ammo...

But that is exactly what you are going to get.

The Series A, B, C etc are pricing points. I believe it is related to production volume - the more common calibers are less expensive. It is not a quality-related designation.

Redding dies = good to go (the best, IMO).
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 12:15:48 PM EDT
Well I have all but ordered the Reddings die set but wanted to be sure that Series did not have some reason to avoid it, price is a little more than Lee or RCBS but it is still in my budget/ reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 3:58:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:36:34 PM EDT
Appreciate the clarification.

Ordered the Redding dies.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:48:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2012 12:52:05 PM EDT by PlinkerMO]
Wanted to reply to this and update.

Got my Redding die set and I will say I am glad I went this route, they are very nice quality and after some resizing last night with the FL resizing die I was very happy with the results. Checked all the cases in a case gauge after and they were all near perfect but naturally need some neck trimming to proper OAL now.

I did have one issue which was probably my doing, the collar/ sizing button was damaged.

I emailed Redding Reloading to verify the part # I would need to order to replace it. I was responded to in under 24hrs with a part# and they are sending me out a new one in the mail! Absolutely awesome customer service from them. I think I will be looking to them when I need .308 dies in the near future.
Top Top