Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 12:53:09 PM EDT
Some of you have exp. with red dot's. Would a red dot be a good choice for IPSC. Our rifle matches get out to 200 yds. sometimes. Are red dot's good at those distances? And could you reccomend a good one under $200.thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A red dot is excellent for IPSC. I used a Pro-Point for a few years till' I could afford a EOTech. One I am looking at buying at this time is the ATN Ultra Sight. I have found them for as little as $133 to $200. try these links
and ]cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848229805]www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0004203711322a&navAction=jump&navCount=2&indexId=cat320001&podId=0004203&catalogCode=IC&parentId=cat320001&parentType=index&rid=url] and ]cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848229805

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Should i get one with a variable reticle. I imagine i would want a small moa dot for distance but a little larger for closer targets.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a ProPoint (PDP 5SPL) on my AR15 for IPSC 3-gun and practical rifle.  I zero it at 50 yds and its good +/- 2 inches out to 220 yds.  The downside of the red dot is the selectable reticles do not point to the same zero.  I leave mine on the smallest dot and turn up the intensity until the dot "blooms" and then back of a notch.  It shoots great with both eyes open.  I got mine for $60 at a local gunshow.

Some day I'll get a Aimpoint, when I can afford it.  Every thought about a Kobra from Tantal?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a like an ATN Ultra sight on my HK USC. It works GREAT. Much larger glass than others . . .  and the diffrent recticles are great. I pull it off all the time and put ti back on and it's always zero'd. (at 50 yrds BTW) I can empty a 30 rnds mag into a pop can while on the move with no trouble . . about 20/30 hits, the rest are all right next to it.

I'm going to try one on my AR10A2C to see how I like it.

-Justin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top