Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2012 9:31:08 AM EDT
Hey guys and girls,

I figured I'd turn to the hive for a recommendation.  I'm in the market for a watch for my deployment.  The requirements are pretty simple.  Two time zones (3 would be best), an alarm, and a timer.  Does Casio make a G Shock model that meets these requirements?  If so, I haven't found it.  Currently, I'm sporting an original G Shock and I gotta say...for a cheap walmart LCD watch, I love it...If only it had a multiple time zone option.  This half hour time zone thing the Afghans have is kicking my tired, worn out ass.  Keeping up with Local, Zulu, and EST is rough.  It annoys the wife when I cut into her sleepy time with my annoyingly timed Skype calls too.

thanks all

KA
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys and girls,

I figured I'd turn to the hive for a recommendation.  I'm in the market for a watch for my deployment.  The requirements are pretty simple.  Two time zones (3 would be best), an alarm, and a timer.  Does Casio make a G Shock model that meets these requirements?  If so, I haven't found it.  Currently, I'm sporting an original G Shock and I gotta say...for a cheap walmart LCD watch, I love it...If only it had a multiple time zone option.  This half hour time zone thing the Afghans have is kicking my tired, worn out ass.  Keeping up with Local, Zulu, and EST is rough. It annoys the wife when I cut into her sleepy time with my annoyingly timed Skype calls too.

thanks all

KA

lol, sounds like my wife
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Suunto Vector.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Casio makes about a million types of G-Shocks and there is one that does what you want.

I bought some model of G-Shock about 3 years ago.   Stopwatch, alarm clock, two time-zones, timer, 100m water proof or something.   Time-zones are adjusted by the city and not just having to know the actual hour adjustment.  Paid about $60.00 for it.  

I have used it for Ranger School, and a year long deployment to Afghanistan.   Still going strong.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
G Shock all the way.  Mine is a beast.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
G Shock all the way.  Mine is a beast.

This. G-Shock is the Glock of the watch world, quite the bargain for what you get.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Suunto Vector.

Didn't know the Vector had multiple timezones. I've got one, and I love it.

For cheap, reliable, with 2 timezones I love my Timex Expedition. I'm on my second, but the first lasted quite a long time and took a pretty bad beating before finally giving up the ghost. I use this model
3 Alarms, Timer, stopwatch, 2 Time Zones easy, to use illumination. I found my second one for $30.

I'd still be using the Expedition if I didn't have the Vector.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]
G-Shock is the way to go, I paid around $65 for mine and have had it for 4 years and have yet to replace the battery, crack, break, drown, or even scratch the glass on this watch. It has everything you need, and will definitely stand the test. Sorry the pic is so big, so much for crappy cell phone pics

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Suunto Ambit.  Possibly the best watch on the planet.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
this is the best watch I have ever owned

PAG240T-7
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
G-Shock is the way to go, I paid around $65 for mine and have had it for 4 years and have yet to replace the battery, crack, break, drown, or even scratch the glass on this watch. It has everything you need, and will definitely stand the test. Sorry the pic is so big, so much for crappy cell phone pics

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/biggradd/watch.jpg

+1 for this model, had mine for a year now.
I go TDY a lot and the time zone function is awesome, also has everything else you need. Best bang for the buck.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Does this watch have the model number on the back? If so, what is it?

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Does this watch have the model number on the back? If so, what is it?

Damn, thought I posted the model, it's a GD100. Average price is around $80-90.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#13]
The new Timex digital Ironman has three time zones. I love mine.

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=117302
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The new Timex digital Ironman has three time zones. I love mine.

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=117302

I've had 2 Timex Ironman watches that I bought for working out and to wear at work and both the straps broke after about a year.  Had a G Shock for 2 years and haven't had any problems.  A good G Shock isn't much more expensive than an Ironman so save yourself the hassle and go with Casio.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had this one for 4 years now and wear it 24/7/365. Works great and has taken a ton of abuse.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
pathfinder
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I like my Casio G-Shock Mudman.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I love my Suunto Core All Black
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I love my Suunto Core All Black

This..been through the Xlander military and several others...the suunto core is what you are looking for
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I've tried about a million watches until I got my Casio G-Shock GW-6900.  Timers work good, very functional, very durable, solar powered, and sync with atomic clock at night.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Mudman G9010

Tough, solar, two time zones, stopwatch, timer, alarms (5), lightweight, not ginormous.

http://www.nywatchstore.com/g90101.html
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Great I want a new watch I have a Green pathfinder and its fine but I was looking at the 5.11 watches with the bullet compensatory built into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top