Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2020 2:25:51 PM EDT
FedEx dropped off a box for me yesterday! Lo and behold, it was the Super Hogster from the pre-order.

Opening up the box everything comes in a nice carry bag.

Its well packed and laid out. The imager and carry strap is in the main pouch, with the side pouch used for the batteries, cable and a lens cleaner. Room for additional bits and pieces if needed.

The unit itself is nicely sized and not overly bulky. S&W 22 pistol (with suppressor) props it up for the photoshoot.

Havent had a chance to play with it very much as of yet, but super excited and prelim fooling about and it feels like a good unit with a good set of options. Like the reticle choices and color schemes. Really nothing negative to say about it. The imager is a tight fit in the carry case, but not concerningly so. About the only feedback I would have is to have the carry pouch be ever so slightly longer but thats *really* nitpicking.

Got it from Night Goggles, and while happy with the unit wont lie was less impressed with shipping times. I had signed up to the preorder 3 months before the unit was released, so was a bit frustrating to not get one in my hands until nearly 3 weeks after they first shipped. Not sure if it was due to the number or people on the preorder list (3 months in advance? I figured I'd be the first...) or whether something else was at play.

None the less. Happy with the unit, impressed with the packaging and overall satisfied with NGI and the communications through the process. Huge thanks to Korey for answering my questions and letting me generally pester the hell out of him about the unit.

Issues elsewhere in life are going to put a hold on getting out in the field, but hey, thats life. Looking forward to really putting this thing though the paces.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged. Jealous!  Congrats! Looking forward to a review and some photos/videos
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Hogster 35 from Night Vision Universe coming in Saturday. Ordered it yesterday. $2475.00
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine today!

Got it from Night Goggles, and while happy with the unit wont lie was less impressed with shipping times. I had signed up to the preorder 3 months before the unit was released, so was a bit frustrating to not get one in my hands until nearly 3 weeks after they first shipped. Not sure if it was due to the number or people on the preorder list (3 months in advance? I figured I'd be the first...) or whether something else was at play.
View Quote

Well, you got yours before I got mine, and I ordered mine almost 4 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FedEx dropped off a box for me yesterday! Lo and behold, it was the Super Hogster from the pre-order.
View Quote
Glad you received your Super Hogster. I would recommend a focus extender. You can get ones like this on Amazon for very cheap. I use them on all my thermals. ZRTactical also sells one that some people like. The focus ring is stiff and hard to use with gloves on. With some type of extender/cattail, it makes a big difference. All thermals with more native mag are going to need more adjusting of the focus to get a good image.

For those that bought the Super Hogster from Night Goggles, thank you for supporting a company that is an ARFCOM sponsor. Night Goggles tested Super Hogster prototypes before other dealers even knew there was a product. Night Goggles provided numerous write-ups and videos helping to get the word out about these thermals. Night Goggles is active on this forum and others helping to answer questions.  If you have questions, before, during or after the sale,  as a Prostaff member for Night Goggles, I will help you just as I did 2JokersWild.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad you received your Super Hogster. I would recommend a focus extender. You can get ones like this on Amazon for very cheap. I use them on all my thermals. ZRTactical also sells one that some people like. The focus ring is stiff and hard to use with gloves on. With some type of extender/cattail, it makes a big difference. All thermals with more native mag are going to need more adjusting of the focus to get a good image.

For those that bought the Super Hogster from Night Goggles, thank you for supporting a company that is a PM sponsor. Night Goggles tested Super Hogster prototypes before other dealers even knew there was a product. Night Goggles provided numerous write-ups and videos helping to get the word out about these thermals. Night Goggles is active on this forum and others helping to answer questions.  If you have questions, before, during or after the sale,  as a Prostaff member for Night Goggles, I will help you just as I did 2JokersWild.
View Quote

Your copy/paste key is getting worn out.  This isn't Predator Masters.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel a thermal scope will be in my future one day
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: Your copy/paste key is getting worn out.  This isn't Predator Masters.
View Quote
Nice catch. I know I was on ARFCOM. I didn't post that comment on Predator Masters, so wasn't copying and pasting, but had just commented on a few questions over there. Answering questions on too many sites, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Got mine today as well!

Played with it a little at lunch,but I'm going to need some time to learn how to use it.

Can see cars over a mile away easily. Pretty impressed so far!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is what you can expect from the Super Hogster. Keep in mind due to the high compression of the video, it looks way better through the eyepiece.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Definitely glad I bought the external battery supply with it! Awesome scope.

Haven't sighted it in yet-still deciding which platform to run it on.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
My computer downloads pictures from my SH but will not play the videos. I see that they are the MP4 format whereas I believe my computer only understands MP3’s.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My computer downloads pictures from my SH but will not play the videos. I see that they are the MP4 format whereas I believe my computer only understands MP3’s.
View Quote
MP3 are audio files and mp4 are video files. You simply need a program on your computer that plays video files (mp4). Download and install a program like VLC Media Player, and then you should be fine.

MP4 is a very common format, so you will want something like this on your computer anyway.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm eyeing the 25mm version. Black Optic Disease is real.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
MP3 are audio files and mp4 are video files. You simply need a program on your computer that plays video files (mp4). Download and install a program like VLC Media Player, and then you should be fine.

MP4 is a very common format, so you will want something like this on your computer anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the MP4 system in my Windows 10 after all. I also downloaded the link you posted above but neither programs will open a video from my Super Hogster. Pictures download and open just fine. In a quandary here....
" />
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:I have the MP4 system in my Windows 10 after all. I also downloaded the link you posted above but neither programs will open a video from my Super Hogster. Pictures download and open just fine. In a quandary here....
https://i.postimg.cc/RZjyTMYR/BD06998-F-86-A0-4-D1-F-9424-A7-ABF7-C85889.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/RZjyTMYR/BD06998-F-86-A0-4-D1-F-9424-A7-ABF7-C85889.jpg
View Quote
Record another video file and try it. Make sure to stop the recording the same way you started it with a long press of the closest button to you. You will see the timer stop counting in the upper-right hand corner. What probably happened is if a person powers off the scope without stopping recording, you corrupt  the video file. This is my guess of what happened to the video. I was surprised your Windows computer didn't have a video program to play .mp4s, but VLC is a nice program either way.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: I'm eyeing the 25mm version. Black Optic Disease is real.
View Quote
The 25 is really nice for a person who needs a bigger FOV such as hunting in very tight terrain. This is how I describe the 3 models:

• Hogster-R 25 is a great all-around scanner and can comfortably take shots to 150 yards as a weapon's sight

• Hogster-R 35 is a good all-around scanner and can comfortably take shots to 200 yards as a weapon's sight

• The Super Hogster is good as a long-range scanner and can comfortably take shoots to 300+ yards as a weapon's sight. The Super Hogsters also adds internal recording, wifi, 4 additional reticles and a compass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top