Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 5:01:26 PM EDT
At my last 3 gun shoot I had a failure to fire due to the bolt not going home on my HK93.  I didn't really think about it, just cleared the round and continued to fire.  After finishing and clearing my rifle I picked up the round to find out the problem.  To my surprise the previous round had aparently blown the case in half and the subsequent round jammed home so hard that the old half case was swaged onto the new round hard enough to allow the old case/new round to extract.

If this had been my AR I would not have cleared the problem without cleaning rods and a brush to snag the old case.

Picture below:

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If it had been an AR it wouldn't have jammed like that.

Quit using that good ammo and that won't happen.

25,000+ rds  2/3 of it Wolf  and she runs like a dream.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Zeek, I had the same problem occur in my AR with the same ammo, not during a match though.  I had to use the chamber brush to snag the half case.

You are right about the ammo though.  It was reloaded chinese brass.  Real accurate which is why I was using it on that stage.  Oh well, only a couple hundred rounds left.  I guess I will keep the rest of that batch for killing bunnies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top