Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/1/2006 2:45:38 PM EDT
should I be considering any caliber other than 45? I'm a 45 hadngun guy, sold all my other calibers cause well, its the best caliber handgun out there. only 45 right?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:42:03 PM EDT
Why no, chapper. Everyone knows you need a magnum. I'd say you need a Desert Eagle in .44 at a minimum, 50 AE even better to be truly tactical.

<­BR>

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:37:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SP10:
Why no, chapper. Everyone knows you need a magnum. I'd say you need a Desert Eagle in .44 at a minimum, 50 AE even better to be truly tactical.

Sheesh.

hehehe don't want to know what HK would charge for a USP tactical in 50ae,,,,,,,

I guess I'm just attractd to the speed chute and 18 round mags avaialbe for the 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:39:53 PM EDT
the 9mm will cost a good bit less to shoot.......but thats the only advantage. I have thought about a 9mm tactical or expert, I love my 45 expert.......but it get spendy to shoot......and I shoot it alot
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:43:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Landpimp:
the 9mm will cost a good bit less to shoot.......but thats the only advantage. I have thought about a 9mm tactical or expert, I love my 45 expert.......but it get spendy to shoot......and I shoot it alot

gotta ask what's up with 45 mags, are they all teh same for usp, mark23 nad tactical?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:20:02 AM EDT
Mags are different for MK23. USP and tactical are the same, compact is different all together.

Get the 45. Much easier to find good ammo when supressed.
Sounds like a muffled fart and hits very hard with 230 grain ball.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:34:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

Originally Posted By Landpimp:

gotta ask what's up with 45 mags, are they all teh same for usp, mark23 nad tactical?

Nope.

Mark23.com
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:43:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 7:45:58 AM EDT by jdmac44]
I think their's plenty of real world shooting data out there that proves that the caliber is just about irrelevant, it's the design of the round to deliver and transfer destructive energy to the target; meaning velocity, energy, expansion and penetration (not: will it punch straight through, but will it spend all it's energy getting through and stop just short of exiting?). For example check out Stopping Power by Evan Marshall and Edwin Sannow, it gives loads of technical data and heaps of stories from civilian and police exchanges with bad guys. The percentages they give are all based on first shot drops of a perpetrator and they rate some 9mm's into the ninety percentile, very comparable with the .45, actually the most damaging handgun round in their conclussion is the .357 mag. But to achieve this with the 9mm you pretty much have to have a +P or +P+ round and thus a weapon rated to handle it. The US military is going back to the .45 but that's because they won't spend the money on the good ammo, and I can't say that I blame them for as much more as it costs and for as many people that they have to outfit. But unless you're only willing to pay for ball rounds, you don't have to have a .45 to be confident of your protection. Then of course there's shot placement, the only thing that is going to drop a perpetrator immediately is a central nervous system hit, even if you hit them in the heart they still have seven seconds of oxygenated blood flowing to respond or continue their aggression, and that's a world of time.

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
should I be considering any caliber other than 45? I'm a 45 hadngun guy, sold all my other calibers cause well, its the best caliber handgun out there. only 45 right?

Top Top