Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/8/2002 8:22:08 PM EST
Can a badly worn and abused lower (out of spec) receiver be re-built back into spec?

If so, how? WEho should I call?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:50:18 AM EST
out of spec in what regard?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:08:47 AM EST
Depends. What kind of shape is the actually receiver in? If it's not cracked and all of the holes are ok then you probably can. Not sure what you mean by out of spec.
If its simply a matter of worn parts than get a lower receiver parts kit (about $60) and replace. It's pretty easy to do and is good experience.

It is really the condition of the receiver that matters as anything else can be replaced.

If the receiver is FUBAR then you can try to get the manufacturer to make a new one with same SN. FWIW, I don't think Colt will do that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:19:19 AM EST
Call Ghostbusters.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:34:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By blackmanta:
..If so, how? WEho should I call?


What is a WEho?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:59:36 AM EST
I think it's a Yiddish word.
Top Top