Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2011 12:19:59 AM EDT
Cross post from the AR-15 .22 and pistol caliber forum-Seems like a lot of folks are buying .22 conversions these days. This ain't no foreign made plastic trainer though!  Real American Steel Baby!

I got this recently as a gift from a friend. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because Lakeside ran out and he wanted one too so I am holding off shooting it until his gets here in February.

Machining on this is really nice. The upper us steel, bolt is aluminum with a steel face, all parts of the belt feed are steel, and the aluminum handguard is made by lakeside specifically for this gun. It's pretty light when mounted up-I can tell that I will need to order the ammo boxes/link catchers because a belt of 50 .22lr swings around like crazy when you move.

This is going to be one hell of a fun gun.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be fun on a RR
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If it would finally work.

Word is that the new Razorback bolts DO work full-auto.  At a cost of an additional $175 or so though.  

Check this out:

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I got this recently as a gift from a friend. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because Lakeside ran out and he wanted one too so I am holding off shooting it until his gets here in February.

Machining on this is really nice. The upper us steel, bolt is aluminum with a steel face, all parts of the belt feed are steel, and the aluminum handguard is made by lakeside specifically for this gun. It's pretty light when mounted up-I can tell that I will need to order the ammo boxes/link catchers because a belt of 50 .22lr swings around like crazy when you move.

This is going to be one hell of a fun gun.....

Wow, that's a helluva' gift!

The little miniature ammo boxes are really cool too.  
I had one of the early versions on the way but had to cancel the order due to a woman.  

Belts were lined up, ready-to-go and everything.  Dang her.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If it would finally work.

Word is that the new Razorback bolts DO work full-auto.  At a cost of an additional $175 or so though.  

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0s_62jXuk

LM7's uppers have to be tuned to the lower-the transferrable M-16's on the market were made back in the day before CNC machines so they are all a little different. When timing the bolt with the sear trip we are only talking .020 or so will make the difference between a gun that runs great and one that gives headaches. I read in Lakeside's forum that he never had an M-16 that couldn't be made to run well with the LM7, it was just that a lot of owners couldn't admit that it was beyond their capability to handle timing the gun properly. I've never even seen an LM7 in person so I can't speak intelligently, but if you are having trouble with one it might pay to visit the forum on their site and get some help.

The cost of the LM7's was DOUBLE the cost of a Razorback, so the cost to have them time it to your lower is a pretty good deal. I have a .22 kit for my subgun that cost more and not only does it not run but the barrel sticks inside the 9mm barrel every time I have shot it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Got any pics of the underside of the bolt/receiver? I'm wondering if this can be modified to use with a Lightning Link.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top