Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/21/2004 9:42:34 AM EST
Took the PTR-91 out today for it's maiden run. I got this used, but unfired, about a month ago. It's a low serial number one. I was using the Aussie .308 surplus. I know that some of the low serial numbered PTR's had tight, match chambers that made using surplus impossible.

Than was not the case here. The gun ran 100%, totally reliable. It has a Tasco 3-9 by 42 scope on it and a Tapco HK copy claw mount and STANAG rail. I did not go with high end optics yet, because if the gun was a lemon, I did not want to have a ton of money in it..

The Tapco mount is not the airsoft version, but a cast and machined mount...I was leary of it, but it was 100% flawless and rock steady.

The rifle-

The conditions was cool, in the upper 60's, with a light to gusty wind, about 8-12mph. I was shooting off a bench at 100 yards. This was private property.

Ammo was the Aussie .308, 1989 stamp. 144gr

The Target-

I had boresighted the rifle, prior to heading out. In the target pic, the lower right hand group was to check my boresight. On another target, not shown, I dialed it in. I then, on other targets, shot for groups, each time fine tuning.

On this pic I shot for final groups. I wanted to have a target that had the boresite zero and the final zero on it togther.

All in all, a excellent day. The PTR is a keeper. However I will be looking for a lower profile scope mount. Nothing wrong with the Tapco one, just too high...and a new scope...a Super Sniper I think...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:53:37 AM EST
Hey Dog, how much did your new smoke pole cost if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:58:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 1:22:58 PM EST by Dog1]
I got it used, but unfired at a local shop for $525...with the mount, rings and optic I have about $630 or so in it...

A customer had the shop get the gun..then his wife had a shit fit over it and he returned it....even though it was unfired, their policy is that even if the gun was unfired, it was still in private hands for a while...thus a used gun..
Top Top