Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 1:21:11 PM EDT
Well I finaly made to the rifle range with my Yugo sks and my Russian M44..
Yugo SKS shot like a dream the action was smooth as butter and I was getting great grouping out to 100yrd with open sights.

Russian M44 it is a great rifle, but bring a shoulder pad, because it kicks like a S.O.B. Accuracey was pretty good but could use some work, I had to adjust the front sight as it was leaing to the right..

Overall a very enjoyable day at the range
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
ok, now you got me all fired up to shoot the m44's that are sitting in my closet.  i'm thinking of jury rigging some sort of rubber stopper at the end of the stock for that infamous mule-kick.

but you just got to love a steel plate for cracking skulls... those russians were brutal.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
HI-hey Lildegen what ya useing for ammo in the
sks? I have a couple of unissued yugo's,haven't
shot them much but they shoot more of a pattern
than a group.I have only tried wolf (barnual is
supposed to be better ?) but with my heavy triggers
I am only able to get a 5 or 6 inch "pattern" at
50 yards
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
M44's ALL seem to shoot to the right.  I'll bet you $5 you were shooting it with the bayonet folded.  Deploy the bayonet and you'll see the groups move over.

Rich
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw a slip on recoil pad at Galyans. I think I'm going to get one for my M44. I've barely shot it since getting it because of the kick.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish I knew how everyone was getting any groups with an M44. I could barely hit the backstop with mine, let alone a paper plate at 100 yards. Another board member also had the same exact experiance but with a different M44.

They do sound cool though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
shot my M44 at paper plates with a circle of spray paint as the target today off a bench at 100 yards.
I'm not proud of my shooting, nothing I'd call a group, but I hit the plate with most of the shots
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#7]
TO answer your question I am using branuals in the sks, they are the HPs...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top