Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:01:31 PM EDT
Took the swede to the range. And if i had to describe how it shoots in one word, Id say "Incrediable." The gun grouped a 4 shot group at 100 yards (After i learned to compensate for the 300 meter minimum sight. A sub 1 MOA group. Its slightly smaller, but it is smaller than 1 inch. 4 shots. Two were so close that only a minute peice of the backstop seperated the two holes, it was the only way i could tell there were two. Ill post pics of the target later. The gun shoots a tiny bit to the left, but that could be me also. Im going to work up some handloads this weekend, and shoot it again. The ammo was igman 6.5x55 FMJ. This gun Seems like it will outshoot guns that guys have poured cash into, with their super duper mags, and wssssssm rounds. While the swede does it with a no frills, moderate speed, low drag Round. I would like to work on the trigger a bit, and get a set of mojo sights though. Thats about all i could improve on this gun. I know theres more, but then i would be going into sacralidge, and the sporterizing (mcmillian stock and such).

I know if i wanted an optical scope, id have to find a sniper mount. I wouldnt want to drill and tap the reciever.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:27:54 PM EDT
If you want to improve the trigger, don't re-work the one in there. Get aq Huber Concepts trigger for it. www.huberconcepts.com/

It makes for a nice, smooth, light trigger. Pretty much a drop in. You might have to remove a very small amount of wood in the stock. I put one on my Swede Mauser target rifle. Makes a big difference.

All my Swedes shoot great. My M41b sniper I use to compete in 1000 yard tactical matches and embarrass a lot of guys with custom rifles.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:17:02 PM EDT
I don't think you'll ever find a swede that doesn't shoot great. I have an all matching# 1915 dated one and it shoots sub minute off the bench also. A good friend of mine has one whose bore must have been fired with corrosive ammo and left in a swamp for a few days You'd swear it wouldn't shoot worth a darn but it shoots as good as any , it's just a b_tch to clean.

Swedes are the best. They had listd in G&A of a military rifle shoot and the participant's standings and rifle used, the M96 were always dominating the top three places.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:02:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RABID:
I don't think you'll ever find a swede that doesn't shoot great. I have an all matching# 1915 dated one and it shoots sub minute off the bench also. A good friend of mine has one whose bore must have been fired with corrosive ammo and left in a swamp for a few days You'd swear it wouldn't shoot worth a darn but it shoots as good as any , it's just a b_tch to clean.

Swedes are the best. They had listd in G&A of a military rifle shoot and the participant's standings and rifle used, the M96 were always dominating the top three places.

Yep. I have a 1900 Oberndorf M96 that has a pitted, grade 3 bore, but it still shoots as if were new. It is hard to clean, as all of those pits fill with copper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:59:10 PM EDT
PICS!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:01:10 PM EDT
Top Top