Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/7/2002 4:44:20 PM EDT
I'm looking for a decent rifle range/gun club in the Tomball, TX area...someplace I can take my son and teach him gun safety and shooting techniques. What's out there? Contact names and numbers...??? Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:19:00 PM EDT
Greencone,

Welcome to the board.

There's supposedly a range in the Cypress area, but I've never seen it. I tend to either go to Shooter's Station in Conroe for pistols, the Nat'l Forest at New Waverly for everything, and MAYBE Carter's Country in Spring when I feel like putting up with their crap.

We're trying to get a shoot put together right now in this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=153239&page=1

Hope you can make it.

BTW, I'm in The Woodlands.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 3:57:19 AM EDT
Thanks...I didn't think about the forest as a place to shoot, even though I usually cut through it when I drive up to the Dallas area. I'll look into it.

I've also replied to the shoot thread. If I'm in town at the time I'll try to show up.

BTW...I'm glad you linked that thread. I had forgotten that the gun show was this weekend. I'll definitely be heading that way tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:28:44 PM EDT
Brouhaha is probably thinking of Hot Well's located at 24815 Hemstead Hwy.
phone # is 281-373-0232.
It is a nice little local range with covered
bench area on 100 yd range,25 yard 22 range,and an area for action pistol shooting. It's not the Taj Mahal,but a pretty decent place and the range officer is safety conscious without being nit picky. no rapid fire allowed,but i can keep my dcm rifle warm without getting into trouble. I did get into trouble shooting a Winchester model 63 too fast. Go figure. hope this helps.
Top Top