NRA in Fairfax on Rt 66
Join the Quantico Range, email me for info

Possibly Clark Bros in Warrenton...

Edited to say
Join us here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=26&t=145184&w=searchPop
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I didn't know that you could shoot AR's at the NRA range.  Do you have any info for the range at Quantico?
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can shoot them at the NRA range but its LOUD. Clark Bros is good also but you need to buy their ammo.

Another option is to join the Izzak Walton League. The Arlington - Fairfax chapter has a rifle /pistol range between Manassas and Centreville....ECS
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to live in Maryland, and I frequently shot at Clark Bros., but it's been awhile since I last shot there. Unless they've changed the range configuration, max target range is limited to 100 yds.

As ECS states in the previos post, Clark Bros. compels you to purchase "their ammo" ... meaning factory ammo (or boxed reloads) that they sell in the store there (at heinously marked-up prices). They used to use flourescent orange price tags on the ammo boxes to enable easy identification of "their ammo" by the RSOs. They'll kick you off the range if you didn't buy the ammo in their store. If you go decide to shoot there on a regular basis, I suggest that you save their ammo boxes (with the price tags) and refill them with ammo you purchased somewhere else at a more reasonable price (or reloaded yourself), so that you don't have to suffer getting bent over on the price of "their ammo".
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks.  I didn't know that you could shoot AR's at the NRA range.  Do you have any info for the range at Quantico?

Are you a Vet?Mil? Govt/DOD...that will get you in right away...

If not you have to get on a waiting list(It can take a few months) as they must maintain a 2Mil/Govt to 1 Civvie ratio...Meantime go to the NRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top