Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:26:43 PM EDT
Where can I find rail systems that will allow me to use a vertical grip on an HK91/G3?  I tried a search on the site and came up with nothing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Knights (KAC) has some, as well as B&T. Impactarms, DSArms, others might have them. Not cheap, KAC might be out of stock, back ordered...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll look at all of those suppliers.  Any experience or recommendations welcomed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a KAC RAS for my M4 and Love it.  I am seriously considering one for my BW-5FS.  You wont be dissapointed.

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i got a b&t for my 91k it looks pretty sweet, allthough i might have to sell it as i just got a new car :(
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i got a b&t for my 91k it looks pretty sweet, allthough i might have to sell it as i just got a new car :(

Yep the B&T is a quality piece of equipment.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The B&T rails will not work with the ubiquitous and exellent KAC rail covers, unless you dremel the cuts on the inside rails.  May not be a big deal, but I have tons of KAC rails and prefer them, so I always chose to wait for and get the KAC RAS.
If you have an HK51, HK53, HK94 or MP5, don't forget you can also get the SureFire rail handguards, they're light and very well made, work with KAC rail covers, and less expensive, I heard rumors they're made by ARMS.  I believe they're lighter too, with ventilation holes and lightening cuts throughout the length of the handguard. I'd much rather have SF rails than the B&T, even if it were to cost more.  Alas SF doesn't make one for the HK33 and G3

Image stolen from SureFire's site

Here's my SF rail handguard on a 94.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#8]
this is the better one for the K

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I was looking into getting one of the B&Ts for my SA SAR-8 with the cast reciever, but don't know if it will fit.  The cast reciever is fatter.  Knights won't fit.

Can somebody please post a pic of a 91 mounted B&T rail with a close up of where the rail mates to the reciver, forward of the mag well?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The B&T rails will not work with the ubiquitous and exellent KAC rail covers, unless you dremel the cuts on the inside rails.  May not be a big deal, but I have tons of KAC rails and prefer them, so I always chose to wait for and get the KAC RAS.
If you have an HK51, HK53, HK94 or MP5, don't forget you can also get the SureFire rail handguards, they're light and very well made, work with KAC rail covers, and less expensive, I heard rumors they're made by ARMS.  I believe they're lighter too, with ventilation holes and lightening cuts throughout the length of the handguard. I'd much rather have SF rails than the B&T, even if it were to cost more.  Alas SF doesn't make one for the HK33 and G3

Image stolen from SureFire's site

www.surefire.com/surefire/content/w63_large.jpg

Here's my SF rail handguard on a 94.
home.earthlink.net/~whitman/SF1.JPG

Duffy,

Can we get a wider picture on the 94 with SF rail?  I would like to see the overall look!

Thanks,
Spooky
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Spooky, sorry I don't have the HK 94 with me now
The biggest difference between SF rails and KAC RAS for MP5 is the side rails.  KAC RAS rails at 3 and 9 o'clock are slightly longer for use with their Aimpoint mount.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Spooky, sorry I don't have the HK 94 with me now
The biggest difference between SF rails and KAC RAS for MP5 is the side rails.  KAC RAS rails at 3 and 9 o'clock are slightly longer for use with their Aimpoint mount.

Longer toward the stock of the gun?  I assume that's where the Aimpoint mount is attached?

Thanks!
Spooky
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
yes, plus there is a hole drilled to screw the Aimpoint mount onto. More than $500 for the combo.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#14]
oh yeah, the threaded holes...I think all KAC RASs have these holes every 5 rails along the length of the rails.  I have tons of RAS, for AR15, HK33 and HK94, this is the first time I remember seeing the holes used
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the valuable information folks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Command Arms makes a great Mp5 rail system... i'm trying to get them to modify it for the 53, and to make one for the 91/G3...

http://www.commandarms.com/thumb.asp?myheight=350&mywidth=350ℑ=img/productImages/X5/X5_4.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top