Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2002 8:24:44 AM EDT
Has anyone see this upper or know of the company? I've seen two write up so far and they were both very positive.

I have not see anything posted here. (Did I miss the post?)

--LS

RROC Conversion 5.56mm Upper by ADD. Clean Runnin', No Recoilin', and Reliable.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Treetop treetop where are you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Is Treetop the associated with Bob Davies?

--LS
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]

I read a write-up on it yesterday in some gunrag. Sounds nice, but $1500??.  I'll pass until the price comes down a bit, as I don't "need" one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds ALOT like a souped up "Rhino gas system"
from the 80,s, But $1500, $500 maybe,
$1500 NEVER.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it is by no means cheap.

Still, A ZM upper will run around $2000.00.

This is considerably less.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't search to make sure I'm right, but I remember Treetop as having developed a similar item: an upper with a gas piston.

He wanted to charge $700-$1000 for it, and it would be a source of pride to buy products from fellow board members if i can.

I think he's keeping quiet 'coz he hasn't gotten the legal issues ironed out?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The real question here is, "Why?"  The current upper works just fine, and you don't have an M-16 (yet, I hope), so you don't really need to worry about a reduced cyclic rate or recoil.  The $1500 or $2000 would be much better invested in either ammo (and mags dude, lots of mags) for becoming proficient (unless you have improved a LOT since the last shoot ), or another rifle.  Have you set up your reloading press and started loading for the SOCOM?  

It would be a neat toy, but for that much, I'd want a new freakin' gun.  Why don't you save another thousand or so and buy a full-auto Uzi?  Or save another $2000 and buy an M-16?  You could drop $1500 and get a really nice, used M1A, or even a new standard model.  Hell, for $1500 you could get a DSA STG-58, a ton of mags, ammo, and some spare parts.  Just friendly sugeestions.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my memmory back, it's Topcrest not Treetop.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope, dont know the guy, never heard of him.

Unless its belt fed, no upper is worth spending this kind of money.

Mine is still in progress, but between work, flying, testing for PDs, getting my life in order, going back to school, getting my EMT cert, etc, etc, progress has been sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.  I havent done any work on it in about 2 weeks.  I like how it's coming together, and the price should still be within reason as stated on the previous thread.  I dont know if people were pretending to be interested or what, but Ill be building at least one for me.  If more are interested, Ill go int o prduction.

Perhaps TreeTop will be gracious enough to snap some pics for me as my poor ass doesnt have a digital camera.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top