Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2002 2:45:30 PM EDT
I finally narrowed it down to two rifles.  RRA Standard A4 and Armalites M15A4.  Do both of these come with a two stage trigger or would I have to pay extra. I think they both come with muzzle brakes too.  I will be using it for coyote hunting and just for target practice. Any suggestions  Any body have a good place  That I could order from.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I am also interested in any comments for destroyer's post as I am currently looking for an Armalite a4 with 2 stage trigger.

Karl
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya gotta pay extra for the 2 stage trigger with both but only about $100. extra...   Try Madd Dawg Enterprises in Tucson..  He handles both brands...   His name is Mike Detty, if ya can't find Madd Dawg...
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the $100 worth it for the trigger.  What kind of accuracy I'm I looking at for those rifles
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is the $100 worth it for the trigger.  What kind of accuracy I'm I looking at for those rifles

I have the Armalite M15A2

I get 2 - 21/2 inch 100 yard groups with fmj surplus ammo and 1 to 11/2 100 yard groups with jhp winchester. That's with the issue sights and standard trigger.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Destroyet, I urge you to reconsider and get a Bushy!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Mister Greens

I have not really considered one because I have not seen that much info on them.  Especially prices
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude's right about the Bushy...   Great gun...   I like RRA too but Bushmaster is the King...
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
My current catalog lists the RRA (in fact, ALL RRAs) as having the match 2-stage triggers.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA has the muzzle brake listed as optional.  What is the difference between chrome lined barrel and a chromoly barrel.  Could some one please give me the pluses and negatives of them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What is the difference between chrome lined barrel and a chromoly barrel.  Could some one please give me the pluses and negatives of them.

Pros for lining/cons for moly:
- The chrome-lined barrel will have a longer useful life.
- The chrome-lined barrel will be easier to clean.

Cons for lining/pros for moly:
- Given barrels of equivalent quality, the moly barrel will be more accurate.
- The moly barrel will be a little less expensive.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:24:38 AM EDT
[#11]
The RRA "standard" would be a standard (military) trigger. A NM (national match) would be a 2 stage trigger. The difference in price is about $60. You can buy the NM trigger for around $90.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:40:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I had narrowed it down to the same 2. Made my choice yesterday, order the NM A2 from Rock River.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The RRA "standard" would be a standard (military) trigger. A NM (national match) would be a 2 stage trigger. The difference in price is about $60. You can buy the NM trigger for around $90.

No, I just checked again and it specifically states "National Match Two Stage."  Just in case I have an outdated catalog, I verified with their site.  Are you saying that RRA's idea of a NM 2-stage trigger is no better than a stock military 2-stage trigger?  If so, it's a pretty damn nice trigger.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Get the ArmaLite M15A4 and head on down the road with a fine weapon and warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top