Member Login
Site Notices
RNVG - New bino option (Page 4 of 4)
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:59:20 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NSFJojo:
You get the photonis because your bino bridge will break before your tube does. What difference is a ten vs two year warranty when most the shit that goes wrong is user error? Let me repeat this for the stubborn in the back:

Are you a normal, thoughtful, reasonable person? Then go Gen 2 because Gen 3 is a disposable item and designed to make cucked up pieces of shit like L3 monies for decades. Gen 2 won't break. Gen 2 is better oob. Gen 2 is the future. Gen 3, is shitty.

Unless you're doing star gazing or science, tits through a window are pretty much the same in green, chrome (cyborg titties best titties) thin filmed, thick filmed for her pleasure or no film because you like space herpes.

You guys are aware they burn tubes in house to error check them before shipping right? Probably for longer than any of you use them the next year after the first month of omg I apex now. Your tubes will break if you do these things:

1: leave them on when you shouldn't
2: live in an environment composed of helium
3: you bought L3 shit and they bent you over with the promise of high specs and gucci shit but failed to tell you in reality no one gives a fuck and all tubes dim, dipshit. Your specs last a year, less under real usage.
4: you drop them and you didn't buy Gen 2. Bonus if you have a panic attack, post here, realize it's just debris. That poor dude was probably beating himself up so hard over that.

If something was going to go wrong when they make a tube, they rip the top off, sell it without markings and who gives a fuck since most of you are waaaay to involved in giving a fuck about specs so you'd never buy it anyway. Overpaying is the new/old status symbol I guess. You even think that tubes aren't disposable pieces of shit designed to line the pockets of L3. The funny thing is in the NVG business, telling the truth costs you money.

Also, RNVG looks cool as shit. For those of you wondering why it's priced so cheap, it's because it's cheap as fuck to produce as ALL HOUSINGS ARE (ie ur getting played fam, the designs are mostly shit and the usage of epoxy is criminal) and the idea that any of you would even know the difference between f1.2 - f1.3. it's like +- 5% anyway. Tolerances are a bitch.

Blaming glass is so laughable. The Chinese glass is better anyway. You're going to lose more light from the shitty PVS 14 coatings than you would if you just cut the fucking glass yourself with a screwdriver. Milspec glass is shit. You know what an import objective and ocular lens costs? Don't look, you'll hate yourself for overpaying and paying for reduced specs.

Every fucking time in these threads. Look, your eyeballs can't tell the difference and if they could, use more IR. Specs only matter to astronomers and fanbois. Your friend you show won't even know how to set the ocular properly so who gives a flying fuck about 64 vs 72 vs 2200 and 18um series whatever. You. Won't. Be. Able. To. Tell. Also, Photonis is the future. L3 are cucks and should suck a dick.

Seriously bad tubes are obvious. You're not going to get that from any of the major vendors here, even the verboten ones. You guys are worse than gear whores. No one knows or cares the fom formula when you take them out. They just see in the dark. Like you will. If you would just stop being so easily duped into caring about trivial shit like specs once they get past a certain level. You're not a scientist or astronomer, you're Gary, a semisuccesful middleclass guy who puts ten hours a year on your tubes but worries about a ten year warranty vs a two year warranty. Holy shit stop.

Also, whomst makes the RNVG and others:

STOP PUTTING ONBOARD IR LIGHTS, IT'S STUPID, IT'S A WASTE OF SPACE AND MATERIALS. THIS IS CURRENT YEAR +3, PUT A FUCKIN RHEOSTAT THERE BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES ABC WHEN STAR GAZING. NO ONE.

Love u my dudes. Just you all scare off the normal folks with buzzwords that don't mean shit. Stop it.

Also TNVC is kinda salty lately. I'm sorry you're salty fam, cheer up.
View Quote
This is probably my favorite post I’ve read on here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:12:57 AM EDT
You get the photonis because your bino bridge will break before your tube does. What difference is a ten vs two year warranty when most the shit that goes wrong is user error? Let me repeat this for the stubborn in the back:

Are you a normal, thoughtful, reasonable person? Then go Gen 2 because Gen 3 is a disposable item and designed to make cucked up pieces of shit like L3 monies for decades. Gen 2 won't break. Gen 2 is better oob. Gen 2 is the future. Gen 3, is shitty.

Unless you're doing star gazing or science, tits through a window are pretty much the same in green, chrome (cyborg titties best titties) thin filmed, thick filmed for her pleasure or no film because you like space herpes.

You guys are aware they burn tubes in house to error check them before shipping right? Probably for longer than any of you use them the next year after the first month of omg I apex now. Your tubes will break if you do these things:

3: you bought L3 shit and they bent you over with the promise of high specs and gucci shit but failed to tell you in reality no one gives a fuck and all tubes dim, dipshit. Your specs last a year, less under real usage.
4: you drop them and you didn't buy Gen 2. Bonus if you have a panic attack, post here, realize it's just debris. That poor dude was probably beating himself up so hard over that.

If something was going to go wrong when they make a tube, they rip the top off, sell it without markings and who gives a fuck since most of you are waaaay to involved in giving a fuck about specs so you'd never buy it anyway. Overpaying is the new/old status symbol I guess. You even think that tubes aren't disposable pieces of shit designed to line the pockets of L3. The funny thing is in the NVG business, telling the truth costs you money.

Also, RNVG looks cool as shit. For those of you wondering why it's priced so cheap, it's because it's cheap as fuck to produce as ALL HOUSINGS ARE (ie ur getting played fam, the designs are mostly shit and the usage of epoxy is criminal) and the idea that any of you would even know the difference between f1.2 - f1.3. it's like +- 5% anyway. Tolerances are a bitch.

Blaming glass is so laughable. The Chinese glass is better anyway. You're going to lose more light from the shitty PVS 14 coatings than you would if you just cut the fucking glass yourself with a screwdriver. Milspec glass is shit. You know what an import objective and ocular lens costs? Don't look, you'll hate yourself for overpaying and paying for reduced specs.

Every fucking time in these threads. Look, your eyeballs can't tell the difference and if they could, use more IR. Specs only matter to astronomers and fanbois. Your friend you show won't even know how to set the ocular properly so who gives a flying fuck about 64 vs 72 vs 2200 and 18um series whatever. You. Won't. Be. Able. To. Tell. Also, Photonis is the future. L3 are cucks and should suck a dick.

Seriously bad tubes are obvious. You're not going to get that from any of the major vendors here, even the verboten ones. You guys are worse than gear whores. No one knows or cares the fom formula when you take them out. They just see in the dark. Like you will. If you would just stop being so easily duped into caring about trivial shit like specs once they get past a certain level. You're not a scientist or astronomer, you're Gary, a semisuccesful middleclass guy who puts ten hours a year on your tubes but worries about a ten year warranty vs a two year warranty. Holy shit stop.

STOP PUTTING ONBOARD IR LIGHTS, IT'S STUPID, IT'S A WASTE OF SPACE AND MATERIALS. THIS IS CURRENT YEAR +3, PUT A FUCKIN RHEOSTAT THERE BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES ABC WHEN STAR GAZING. NO ONE.

Love u my dudes. Just you all scare off the normal folks with buzzwords that don't mean shit. Stop it.

View Quote
This is the truth! Promote this man!
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:41:57 AM EDT
Those cool pigtails can suck my dick. Real scientists worked at ITT before they got sold out and fired. L3 are cucks and the pigtail is a lie. It's not cool. It sucks.

I hate manual gain. I also like it. I like it enough to diy it up since our beloved manufacturers would rather put a stupid shoot me in the head light onboard. Dumb af. Probably bc they can't get an L3 pigtail to work right since they are all shit.

10160? Solder a 3mmx1mm smd resisistor on for shitty bino designs or run two wires and stuff em in the 7 or 14 housings with a small rheostat to keep the adjustable gain for when your tube dims a bit
View Quote
you da real MVP
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:45:08 AM EDT

View Quote
Fantastic! I really enjoyed this post. Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:43:04 AM EDT
Alright. Quick rundown, just got my RNVGs with WP Photonis tubes.

First off, these things are light. Impressively light, and seem like a strong design.

Don’t have a helmet yet, and I was too excited to wait for sun to set, so I did the next best thing and went to my bathroom and turned off the lights. There was no ambient light and could barely see the hand in front of my face. Turned these on, and I was impressed. I was expecting to have slightly poorer visibility with there being no light, but I could still see in great detail.

There will be more to come once I spend more time with these, but my initial impressions are fantastic. The Photonis tubes were a great choice. Glynn is also a great dude to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:19:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2018 11:19:35 AM EDT by NVjunkie]
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:

First off, these things are light. Impressively light, and seem like a strong design.

Don’t have a helmet yet, and I was too excited to wait for sun to set, so I did the next best thing and went to my bathroom and turned off the lights. There was no ambient light and could barely see the hand in front of my face. Turned these on, and I was impressed. I was expecting to have slightly poorer visibility with there being no light, but I could still see in great detail.

There will be more to come once I spend more time with these, but my initial impressions are fantastic. The Photonis tubes were a great choice. Glynn is also a great dude to deal with.
View Quote
Yup. That’s what I keep trying to say *just my opinion* but thousands more for 10-15% better? Maybe 20% with a super tube? No way. Unless someone else was paying.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:27:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NVjunkie:
Yup. That’s what I keep trying to say *just my opinion* but thousands more for 10-15% better? Maybe 20% with a super tube? No way. Unless someone else was paying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NVjunkie:
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:

Not like 6k is chump change either. People may get a little too hung up on what’s the best and most gucci, but fail to realize there is stuff out there for a bit less $$ that will still do everything they need.
Something something diminishing returns...
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 6:57:32 PM EDT
How are you liking the RNVG? I had planned on buying a set of DTNVG then the RNVG shows up and is very tempting.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:13:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2018 11:20:15 PM EDT by great308]
So been playing with the RNVG for a couple days now. Not going to say much on the tubes as this thread is more for RNVG but so far I am really happy with the tubes.

The RNVG is a solid unit for sure. I have messed with most of the different housings out there and have extensive use of anvis systems. I’d say the RNVG is lightweight and strong but we all knew that.

I know the RNVG is not the only unit using the spot/flood piece on the onboard IR but this is the first time really getting some time behind it and it’s really nice actually!

The only downside I have found so far if you can even call it that. On my setup the RNVG mounts pretty high up. I am using a G24 Mount with a ops core carbon. The RNVG sits in the upper range of my vision with my g24 all the way down. I actually like it that way so I can look under the goggles when I need to. Could just be the way my face is structured or minor angle I wear my helmet. At any rate it does not bother me as it’s where I want it.

Still more messing around to do but so far I’m pretty darn happy with the RNVG.

Pew pew
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:22:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By great308:
The only downside I have found so far if you can even call it that. On my setup the RNVG mounts pretty high up. I am using a G24 Mount with a ops core carbon. The RNVG sits in the upper range of my vision with my g24 all the way down. I actually like it that way so I can look under the goggles when I need to. Could just be the way my face is structured or minor angle I wear my helmet. At any rate it does not bother me as it’s where I want it.
View Quote
I have noticed that with the Sentinels as well, all though not quite as bad. With the G24 all the way down I can view the whole image.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2018 11:40:39 PM EDT by great308]
Yeah i can get the whole image and adjust it a slight bit below that too. I’m just not use to that with anvis so seemed strange but probably just how it is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2018 1:43:48 PM EDT by mousehunter]
I simply am not in the correct state of mind to understand a lot of the posts made on this thread. I assume there has been a mix of drunk ramblings, satire and possibly Ambien.

Can someone who is sober and not sleep deprived give me a cliff note version of the last page or so.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 4:18:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
I simply am not in the correct state of mind to understand a lot of the posts made on this thread. I assume there has been a mix of drunk ramblings, satire and possibly Ambien.

Can someone who is sober and not sleep deprived give me a cliff note version of the last page or so.
View Quote
What I’ve learned so far:

RNVG = Good

Echo tube = Good

L3 Filmless tube = Best

You only live once buy now when your still young enough to get out and enjoy it :)
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:37:55 PM EDT
Any new reviews out there?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
RNVG - New bino option (Page 4 of 4)
Top Top