Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:36:19 AM EST
I contacted RCBS for repair info for my scale, which they provided.

I sent them my 30-year old 5-10 scale, which they kept for THREE WEEKS and then had the guts to send back, at ZERO cost to me, a BRAND NEW 10-10 scale !

Can't beat customer service like that!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:57:03 AM EST
Their C/S is hard to beat. I contacted them about my powder measure I screwed up(when it was new, I cleaned out the factory oil with brake clean and ruined the plastic hopper), they mailed me a new hopper on their dime.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:05:20 AM EST
I stuck a die in a 308 case of theirs and sent it back. They polished it up and returned it in a new green case, which I did not provide. I paid shipping there and they sent it back on their dime, as well.

They had an issue in '06 with the ChargeMaster 1500 keypads going bonkers and they were sending out replacement units, before the RMA number had ever gotten to the person that was supposed to ship the DOA one back.

Right up there with Dillon, I think.

Chris
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:11:50 AM EST
I had snapped the pin in my decap die and had issues finding the part number for replacement. I ordered a couple last night(that I thought were the correct ones) but wanted to be sure, so I called them today. They are sending me a free pack of 5 pins. This was my first interaction with them, and it was a great one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:08:30 AM EST
Nothing but great experiences on my end with RCBS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:37:06 AM EST
No kidding, after 50+ years of hard use, the retainer clip that holds the shell holder completely wore out on my Rockchucker. Called RCBS to order a replacement. The guy asked where I lived so they could send me another ... free! When I tried to give them my billing info for the part that I wore out through heavy use he told me no charge.

A week later I received not one but two little retainer clips.

If only the auto makers had that kind of customer service,
MLG
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:46:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By mlg123:
No kidding, after 50+ years of hard use, the retainer clip that holds the shell holder completely wore out on my Rockchucker. Called RCBS to order a replacement. The guy asked where I lived so they could send me another ... free! When I tried to give them my billing info for the part that I wore out through heavy use he told me no charge.

A week later I received not one but two little retainer clips.

If only the auto makers had that kind of customer service,
MLG

heres to another 100+ years of service
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:52:26 AM EST
The folks at Hodgdons compete with the parent company of RCBS. Doesn't matter the folks at Hodgdons without solicitation will say RCBS runs the smartest customer service department in the business.

My experiences have all been positive with RCBS. Can't say the same about a certain experience with an Arizona based company from last week. That was perhaps the stupidest series of calls and returned calls I can recall having with an RCBS competitor. I've seen Hornady do it too. Undo good gestures, free parts with stupid comments and bone headed decisions. I did a thread last summer about a particular RCBS rep. She caught herself mid conversation having made a wrong turn. She turned our conversation around on a dime without having to swallow an ounce of integrity and produced the information necessary to not only make the sale. She overkilled it and sold a few more items I didn't mean to buy. That's how business should be done. She could run circles around the two Arizona knuckleheads from last week.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:21:49 AM EST
i have had the best CS from manufacturers in the firearms industry in general compared to most other consumer items.

RCBS is the best by far.

Good experience with Dillon

Good experience with Remington, Ruger, and S&W over the years.

Now, the storefronts that sell the items, well that is another story.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:19:16 PM EST
Well you have the right to rant.
That new 10-10 is hecho en MEXICO

I pretty much swore off RCBS after the Chargemaster 1500 dieing on me twice. First time, I had only used it twice. Second time lasted a year and half, and during that time, they reduced the warrenty on them from 2 to 1 year. Had to pay to get that 'fixed' and then sold it for a loss.

Any new equipment is the other green or blue.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:36:10 PM EST
So far have had nothing but the best of service from RCBS,Dillon,Hornady and Lee
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:24:22 PM EST
RCBS CS is awesome. I have a 10-10 scale that I bought several years ago, and in that time the little tenth scale sticker came off of it. I called them and asked if I could purchase a few of the stickers, and they responded with "Send me your address, and I'll ship you a handful on the house."..... Several weeks later, I got the stickers. Didn't cost me a dime.

That's awesome they took care of you. That is exactly how they've come to be one of the best.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:02:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:11:51 PM EST
Got a brand new case prep machine thing that sounded terrible when I first started it up. CS at RCBS paid the exchange as painless as possible.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:32:01 AM EST
I just emailed them about a broken decapping pin and a stripped set screw. I asked who to contact to sent payment and order from. They just emailed me asking for my address without asking questions!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:42:59 AM EST
Best thing about the CS at RCBS is that I haven't had to use it yet. Lee, on the other hand, has had great CS for years.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:49:21 AM EST
I called RCBS one time....they were most excellent!

I called RUGER about 30 times after I sent a pistol in for repair...the safety detent fell out of the Mark 3 and I could have been seriously hurt...I sent the gun in for repair, they replaced the receiver barrel because it wasnt machined right, and returned the gun to me. This took 4 mounths and when my son received the pistol at the door from the UPS guy...never checked his ID...he called me on the phone and I rushed home to find after all that the safety was still inop...

I was pissed and called them back immediately and got in touch with the same loser chick that was blowing smoke up my butt the whole time...I asked for her boss...finally got in touch with a guy...he was like WTF? in the end he handled the situation in the best way Ruger could have at the time...he told me to go to the pistol website and pick out what I wanted with exception of the 1911...so I did...

I just wanted my gun fixed...they failed...eventually made it right 4 months later....

I would NOT compare Ruger or most others to RCBS customer service. Spike's Tactical however is in second place.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:09:20 PM EST
I've had to contact them a few times and they are always very helpful, great company.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:00:25 AM EST
I sent RCBS a OLD 38spl sizing die that someone gave me for free. It was scratching cases and i hoped they would polish it up. Got a brand ne one in the mail. I ill buy more RCBS in the future.

Also big thumbs up to CS at:
EOTech
LMT
Silencer Shop

Top Top