Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 3:11:55 PM EDT
hey guys i got a RCBS single stage press that a few years old. i mainly use it just for depriming but i got a problem with it. when i run the ram up to deprime the brass the primer falls through the hole in the ram and bounces off the press and goes all over the place.

am i missing something here? one would think it would drop down and be routed to a bucket like my hornady LNL progressive press. it drops the primer down a tube into a bucket.

any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the RCBS presses used a primer catch cup attachement, I also have an older single stage that I use for swaging, it's cup is missing too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
With this link you can download the RCBS parts catalog - if you look at the presses in the catalog, most have a "primer catcher."  Figure out what part number is right for the press you have, and give RCBS a call.

http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/Parts_Book.pdf
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys, i guess i have the rock chucker 2 model and yes i am missing the primer catcher. had no clue it even existed!

thanks again
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Call RCBS, they will probally send one for free.

They have great CS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top