Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2012 11:54:52 PM EDT
Anyone else have problems with theirs? Maybe I'm doing something wrong... Was loading 100 rounds of 223 ammo, and had my Chargemaster programmed for the 25.5grn of powder. EVERY load it threw was at min 2grn over.

Halfway thru I dropped load to 19grn then used trickle button to get to my desired load. At 19grn Chargemaster was slowly dispensing powder, at the 25.5grn it was throwing powder at warp speed.

Anyone else have this problem? Secrets?? Tips???
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 2:39:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2012 2:40:50 AM EDT by mogunr1]
Tips

Keep it wiped down with an anti-static cloth (dryer sheet)
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 6:52:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2012 6:53:36 AM EDT by CCW]
I think the McDonalds soda straw tip will help your situation.  Mine struggles at low end weights with extruded powder.  Two or three granules can fall with just a bump of the trickler.
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 7:55:25 AM EDT
I had a similar problem with mine. It developed a "dead spot' from 3.6 to 4.6 grains. After loading about 1000 rounds of Titegroup at 4.1 it suddenly would run at high speed right up to 4.1 then stop. Obviously this meant it went over every time. It would not do this at any setting below 3.6 or above 4.5 that I tried. It was still under warranty so I sent it back and they sent me a new one. Hopefully this will not happen with the new one since I am now addicted to using this thing for any bulk loading (a batch of 50 or more).
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 8:57:34 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies! Gonna try the straw trick. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 5:45:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CCW:

I think the McDonalds soda straw tip will help your situation.  Mine struggles at low end weights with extruded powder.  Two or three granules can fall with just a bump of the trickler.

I've not heard about this before...got any links or photo examples?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:01:25 PM EDT
Just an update...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! LOL  that Mcdonalds straw trick worked.  Just got finished reloading 100 rounds and only had 3 or 4 overcharged. by over I mean 0.1 - 0.3 grains over, which was still very safe to load. I know it takes a lot longer but I'm a single stage guy, and this trick has saved me ALOT OF TIME! Thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:05:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mogunr1:
Tips

Keep it wiped down with an anti-static cloth (dryer sheet)

I know this is old, but thanks for that link. Some real good info in there for the chargemaster!

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2012 9:09:07 PM EDT by BroadSideOfADime]
Originally Posted By LonelyRaven:

Originally Posted By CCW:

I've not heard about this before...got any links or photo examples?  

Chargemaster tweaking... soda straw trick is in there as well.   Link

Lots of info out there.  Google is your friend.

Nevermind... duplicate info.
Top Top