Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2010 5:37:20 AM EDT
Does the Molle 1qt canteen/utility pouch hold a 1qt canteen AND canteen cup?
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It should.

Mine do but sometimes the canteen sticks inside the cup and when you pull out the canteen, the cup goes with it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a little stove that goes over the cup???

Now you've done it Raf, I'm a stove whore.  Any more info?

ETA After some quick googling, appears to be a stand that you can burn trioxane under.  Kinda cool, I wonder how well its suited for burning wood.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The cup stove I have nestles around the canteen, just like the cup. It's tapered, so to use it you turn it so the smaller end is up. The cup sits atop the stove.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
What does everyone put in the 2 small side pockets on the canteen pouch??  Is there something made to actually fill them out - a container or something waterproof??

Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
water purification tablets..... if you talk some of the other aftermarket canteen pockets - Strobes, Smoke Grenades, battle dressings.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Just playing around so far, I've found I can stick 2 plastic film canisters sideways in each one.  These pockets are huge compared to the old Alice canteen cover.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a canteen, cup, and stove.  In one side pocket is a bottle of purification tablets and a lighter.  In the other one I have fuel tabs.  I have found that the pouch flap won't close so I tuck it in and use just the webbing straps over the top of the canteen.

Hagdaddy

Quoted:
What does everyone put in the 2 small side pockets on the canteen pouch??  Is there something made to actually fill them out - a container or something waterproof??

Mark

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have found that the pouch flap won't close so I tuck it in and use just the webbing straps over the top of the canteen.

Hagdaddy
I do that too...................it seems like the flap needed an opening for the canteen lid for it to close correctly.  The 2 straps work perfectly by themselves over the top of the canteen itself.

Mark

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I think that's intentional.. it's a dual use general purpose/canteen pouch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#12]
side pockets on the pouch will fit a compass....barely but it fits in there.  I don't really trust them to hold much of anything though.

And to the OP yes the canteen cup will fit in there, but I never put mine in the pouch with the canteen because it's a PITA to get out and put back in, so it gets tossed into the ruck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
water purification tablets.....battle dressings.

I thought about the water purification tabs, but the field dressing idea is brilliant.  It fit perfectly - nice and snug.  Thanks.

Mark

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
side pockets on the pouch will fit a compass....barely but it fits in there.  I don't really trust them to hold much of anything though.

And to the OP yes the canteen cup will fit in there, but I never put mine in the pouch with the canteen because it's a PITA to get out and put back in, so it gets tossed into the ruck.

I have one canteen pouch on my vest.  It has spare eyepro(clear if I am wearing dark), some other shit, and room for 14s.  The little side pouches hold a silk VS-17 and a phoenix beacon plus battery.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Lo and behold I just checked my canteen pouches and I have a firefly and 9V in each one....no idea how they got there

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lo and behold I just checked my canteen pouches and I have a firefly and 9V in each one....no idea how they got there

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Heh, I kept mine in the little side pouches of the canteen pouch.

I don't think I ever put an actual canteen in my canteen pouch, usually had my PVS14 and gloves in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top