Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:29:21 PM EDT
I'm looking at the Spec Ops Hellcat Mk-1 chest rig as a base for a setup that will just carry mainly extra mags, but I will add a few pouches for maybe a knife, a pistol holster, pistol mags and a large one for misc. items like extra eotech batteries, cleaning supplies, maybe a medical kit.  I really liked it because it has mag pouches built in (my main use) with the option to add additional pouches for whatever you need.  It will probabily be just kept around incase SHTF, but I am going into the army and who knows if I might want to take it along in case I am ever deployed.  My questions are:

Has anyone had any experience with this rig?
Is it made well or will it not last long?
Is it comfortable to wear?  (can I add a cushioned Y shoulder piece if I wanted to)
I've never used the MOLLE attachment system, does this securely attach pouches or do they bang around or break off easily?
Would $105.00 be a good price for this base chest rig (cheapest I can find it yet, on practicaltactical.net)

This is a link to the item in question:
http://www.practicaltactical.net/-strse-147/S.O.-Tech-Hellcat-Mk-dsh-1/Detail.bok

Thanks for anyone that can help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
my mk1 is just about bulletproof and its very comfortable. i carry the six internal mags, a blackhawk dual m4 mag pouch that hold four and various pistol, flashlight and other pouches. you cant go wrong with it its a very simple rig that is made to last. that is however just my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard alot of good about these from SKD , you can find there ad in the EE or here is a link to there web page. www.skdtac.com/category.asp?CATEGORYID=216 I have never tried one, but I think I may order one soon as they seem the best deal around. Not sure if this is close to what you want but it's in the price range that you mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to try it out and see.  Its not nearly as expensive as some of the other ones so if I don't end up wanting to keep it I can either try and sell it or take it as a loss.  It sounds though like they are quality products, so i'll see.  I'll try it out and post some pics and give my review once I get it (for what its worth since it's my first tac. gear purchase)
Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top