Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/24/2014 1:48:00 PM EDT
Just picked up a t3 hunter in 30-06.  Going to be a hunting rifle, but primarily long range gun.  

Got a 4-16x50 monarch 3 for it.

What mods have you guys done to yours?  I like the trigger and don't want to change it, but think it could use a limb saver butt pad since the rifle is so light.  I also want an alloy bolt shroud to replace the plastic.

Any other mods?  I see they make steel recoil blocks to replace the factory alloy and are more durable, you think those are worth while?

What about picatinny rails with moa built in?  I will be stretching this rifle out as far as I can find a range for and right now that is 600-800 yards.

Thanks for the wisdom
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:02:57 PM EDT
All I did was a cheek riser that I got from Creedmor, the comb is a little low for use with a scope in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:51:44 PM EDT
About all you really need is a stock pack/cheek riser from Triad, a bipod, and a sling.  Ken Farrell makes some good bases and rings for the Tikkas, with and without moa built in.  I wouldn't waste any money on the recoil blocks unless you are going to change the stock out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:35:08 AM EDT
I ended up getting a limb saver recoil pad, since 30-06 from a 7lb gun seems a bit stout.  Also got an alloy bolt cap, and a picatinny rail for more flexibility for scope mounting.  I am going to be shooting the snot out of this gun since I have been getting into long range shooting lately and finally own a caliber that can reach out and still hit with authority.
Top Top