Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:15:07 PM EDT
The current rifles JDL is selling wich have the HK flashhiders, are the barrels threaded or are they tack welded on?

Do any of you guys think they will ever offer a model in 20-24'' barrel length? I was surfing the web and found this guys homepage where he built a PSG1 clone with a 24'' barrel from a base model JDL rifle. Thats pretty much what I had in mind.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:11:42 PM EDT
The one I purchased before the end of the year had a threaded barrel. I am not sure the date of manufacture but it had to be late 2005.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:32:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By billbotts:
The one I purchased before the end of the year had a threaded barrel. I am not sure the date of manufacture but it had to be late 2005.

Either threaded or bare, not pinned on
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:36:03 PM EDT
At one time Mark (FWRA) on the FAL FILES wa selling the carbine models when they first came out and the FS's were pressed on and pinned.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:18:46 AM EDT
good, thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:07:55 AM EDT
It' my understanding that all current production PTRs that
come from the factory with a flash hider have threaded
barrels.
The one I got in October had a threaded barrel ,and the one I
got in December had a threaded barrel.

Earler models with low serial numbers may have pinned/press on
flash hiders if the rifles were made prior to the AWB sunsetting ,
and the flash hider was added on later.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:10:38 PM EDT
So do any of you fine folks have the inside scoop on any new models that may become available?In particular a longer barrel version? I believe the barrels are U.S. made so, it shouldnt be very difficult at all to whip something out thats 6'' longer and call it a PSG1 or MSG-90 clone model.
Top Top