Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:16:59 PM EDT
After doing some research i have set my heart on a PTR-91 as a replacement for the CETME i sold some time ago. The questions i have are: Is the PTR-91A1 more accurate than the standard model or would i be better off getting a different forend and bipod for the standard model? Will the A1 feed milsurp reliably? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
After doing some research i have set my heart on a PTR-91 as a replacement for the CETME i sold some time ago. The questions i have are: Is the PTR-91A1 more accurate than the standard model or would i be better off getting a different forend and bipod for the standard model? Will the A1 feed milsurp reliably? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's a good question that does need answering, but can probably only be answered by JLD and good luck there.
When I was looking at the different models before I bought mine, the information on their website was very bad about what the great difference really was when you spent the extra money on it beside the wide forearm, polymer navy style lower and bipod. I wouldn't waste the money on it unless you really like those features and would just get the standard model for the best price you can and build it the way you want from there. I think the barrel is the same as the 18inch standard and all are chambered to work with milsurp ammo, but that could be a difference right there if they left it chambered for match ammo like their early models.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
As a side note, JLD is getting ready to go with polymer lowers on ALL their rifles real soon.  They are running out of mil-surp parts, just like the wide handguards.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
so would you recommend buying a JLD now our would you wait on their new model that's coming out.
thanks
DJ
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As a side note, JLD is getting ready to go with polymer lowers on ALL their rifles real soon.  They are running out of mil-surp parts, just like the wide handguards.

Yes, that's the same answer I got from JLD also, however not just any polymer lowers, but the navy style.
I've been asking for JLD to start selling them for almost a year - More goods for the PTR!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I talked to my local dealer and have a PTR-1 standard on order from SARCO. Hoppe to have it soon!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top