Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/29/2006 5:29:55 PM EDT
Are any stock makers selling a stock for a Fisher McMillan action?

I would be interested in hearing your opinions about effective brakes.  I have shot two .50's, an Armalite with a tank brake and a State Arms with a fish gill brake.  The Armalite had practically no recoil but the gas from the brake was a big surprise.  The State Arms gun had enough recoil that I'm fairly sure that 30 or 40 rounds would be about all I would want in one day (not accounting for the ammo cost!).

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I swapped the brake on my Ultralite from the shark/gill brake to the AR50 brake....  huge difference in my book... I actually thought the blast and gases were way worse with the shark brake, and the concussion seemed less prominent behind the gun after the swap... YMMV
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
i've shot the AR50 and many others as well.  the AR50 brake is far superior to the one i have on my windrunner.  it is hard to believe that a different design will make that kind of difference, but it is tremendous.  

mine is currentlythe 80hole EDM brake.  i'm sending it off this winter to have the serbu style brake installed and indexed.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top