Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:15:41 AM EDT
The ATF did my interview last week and I should be receiving my FFL within 2 months.
I believe I have most if not all wholesale firearms distributors information ready for when my FFL arrives. But I was wondering which firearms manufacturers sell directly to FFL’s without going through distributors?

Can distributors sell firearms at better prices then manufacturers are willing to sell them direct?

Are there larger minimum purchases required to buy from manufacturers?

I have a great deal of experience from the distributor side of the business in a non firearm business. But being new to the world of selling firearms for profit I would like to understand the dynamics of the distributor/ manufacturer supply chain. Any help and information regarding this will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 6:55:00 AM EDT
Sig Sauer will sell direct. Getting ahold of them is another story...
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:58:49 AM EDT
Beretta will too but they have minimum orders. I needed 2 shotguns for a customer, tactical unit, but Beretta would not sell just 2, they required that I buy 10 of them at a time. So I passed and the unit settled with Remingtons.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:28:27 PM EDT
Thanks, for the info. Does anyone else have anything to add?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:24:08 AM EDT
Kimber sells direct.

Sabre Defence sells direct.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:49:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By K9-Bob:
Kimber sells direct.

Sabre Defence sells direct.

Kimber sells direct $ 15000 to be come a dealer

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:26:19 PM EDT
If you buy direct from Kimber, do you get a better price than going through a distributor?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:37:51 PM EDT
Kimber and Benelli sell only to authorized dealers, they do not use vendors. As already mentioned Kimber and Benelli both require a hefty "buy in" fee to become a dealer.

Most manufacturers sell through vendors and also offer dealers packages as well. The specifics vary by company.

Most require you buy X dollars worth of product each year. Some will specifically tell you what models you must buy. When we talked to SIG at 08 SHOT they had a list of handguns and rifles that you must buy to become a dealer. To be a Benelli dealer we had to buy so many dollars worth of Stoeger books (ie Shooters Bible etc) along with our shotgun order. Beretta owns Stoeger and Benelli and this was their way of forcing dealers to stock the Stoeger books. Glock on the other hand lets you chose your own models, but will only allow you to buy two of each model pistol.

Many manufacturers require that you have a store front, and some like Glock require you to be open X number of hours a week.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:40:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dbailey223:
If you buy direct from Kimber, do you get a better price than going through a distributor?

Kimber will only sell direct to authorized dealers. There are two levels of dealerships offered by Kimber, the highest level is Master Dealer and they get a better price than the standard dealer. To be a master dealer you have to buy and stock a higher dollar amount of Kimber product.

Top Top