Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:32:37 AM EDT
I editited my post to see if it helped getting some "love" around here in answering some questions/problems I have with my AR50.

First, I'm a lefty and it is not a LH AR50.  In operating the bolt, handling, etc., I didn't have a problem, however, the cheek rest may give me issues.  So is there anyway to correct it with some sort of adapter/mod?  Second is in ultimately finding a good place to use it in North TX.

I had started this questioning under a previous AR50 thread, but I'm really needing answers on the cheek rest problem.

Another question comes to mind.  Is there anyone in the DFW area that would reload for me if I supply the brass and bullet even?  Or where is the best deals on buying ammunition?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Well either no one likes me or no one has any answers

I thought guys here had all the answers.

All kidding aside, i edited the post to look appear more as a question than a statement.  I'd really like some input on this.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#2]
No answer!.  Lefty here, but shoot righty.  BTW I prefer the 70 1/2 to 73 'birds--still have my 73!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Rockrat,  
I'm a staunch supporter of lefty rights, so I refuse to shoot on the wrong side.

Besides, I just couldn't do it anyway.  I do like later years but I'm definitely a fan of the 67-69, mainly convertibles.  I have a friend that just picked up an original 70 formula 400, in all original, but needs interior and exterior paint for a whopping $1000.

Well it looks like this problem will take some creativity on my part.  Figure I will just remove the adjustable cheek rest and put a lower one on or none at all.  Any suggestions on Ammo sources?

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you a member of the FCSA? The suppliers guide and magazine VHP are worth the dues alone.

Here's a few.
AAA-Ammunition
The Hunting Shack
TTI-Armory
Ammoman
Summit Ammunition
Aim Surplus
Cabela's
Pat's Reloading
Mitchell's Mausers
Thunderbird Cartridge Co.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top