Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 8:49:11 PM EDT
I recently got my first suppressor and went out to use it today. I tried it on 3 different guns and the sound was different on all 3. All 9mm. The first was a CZ Scorpion, second was a Glock 17 and the third was a Walther PPQ. The CZ and the Glock souned very similar, but the Walther sounded way better as in noticeably quiter. The suppressor is a Surefire Ryder 9 and the ammo was Freedom Arms 147gr Hush. Is this normal for a suppressor to sound noticeably different on different firearms?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Glocks are loud
Isn't the Surefire 1.25"?
Walter should be a good host
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.  Welcome to the search for the perfect combination!  
View Quote
Thanks. I have only used it 1 day and I am asking myself why I did not get one sooner. But the search will get better and more fun. I bought a AAC Tirant last month.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glocks are loud
Isn't the Surefire 1.25"?
Walter should be a good host
View Quote
Ok. Yes the surefire is 1.25"
I really like the way it sounded on the Walther. Even my wife commented on how quite that combo was.
I need more threaded barrels, so I can try it on some of my other 9mm's!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ok. Yes the surefire is 1.25"
I really like the way it sounded on the Walther. Even my wife commented on how quite that combo was.
I need more threaded barrels, so I can try it on some of my other 9mm's!
View Quote
Sig, then HK, then M&P
Check Brownells for stellar deals on SiCO barrels
CZ has some sharp looking suppressor ready guns, XDs too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top