Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:26:35 PM EDT
My converted Ruger by SRT has been delivered to my dealer. Currently waiting for the Form 4 approval.

Stopped by my dealer to view it and it looked (and felt) awesome....until I turned to look at the front of the barrel. Ok, its not a botched job but I would have expected better workmanship. I then wondered if what I saw was the norm or not and would like to see what results you have received as I recall reading a few members on this board have one. Does it look similar, worse or better?

I don't have bigger images as it is more obvious when viewed in person.
Based on what is you see is this typical? Personally I would have expected not to see these gaps. 75% looks professionally done, but the other 25% looks like it was Friday and they were trying to rush and get out of work.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:33:49 PM EDT
That is a thread line from the threading inside the tube and the end cap.
It could have been cleaned up a little more even so it would look better
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:43:13 PM EDT
Ive got two suppressed rifles from SRT.....they are not 22s so its the rounded suppressor cap.  But still Id expect a little more attn.  The good news is once you start shootn, you will soon forget.

This is the end cap on my integral 77/22......my 10/22 looks the same.  Built by TBA

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:50:48 PM EDT
It could have been cleaned up quite a bit I agree..

But it looks ok other than that
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:33:21 PM EDT
Got my response from SRT and confirms this is the type of work they do.

The end plug is threaded into the tube, and then the remaining exposed threads are lathed off flush with the tube, and the end cap is recessed in the center on the lathe.

There is nothing I can do about this as threads must necessarily have a little tolerance (gap), other wise they won't screw into one another.

Every gun I have ever made, every one, looks like this.  Including my demo gun.

Some perhaps have a little more or less metal that folds over into the thread gap depending on how sharp or dull the cutting tool is, but there is nothing I can do about that, unless I want to totally change my manufacturing design, which of course, would increase the cost about $45 per suppressor.

It is a shame I would have to pay extra for them to do it right.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:47:21 PM EDT
You get what you pay for..... are you serious that doesn't look bad at all. As long as its 100% fuctional and doesn't look like total shit then I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:56:23 PM EDT
You get what you pay for..... are you serious that doesn't look bad at all. As long as its 100% fuctional and doesn't look like total shit then I don't see a problem.

It is a learning process. After seeing some work from other manufacturers, I am not impressed with what they did. In person it looks a worse. The sort of blurry images masks how it really looks. Once the paper work is approved I will take another image with a macro lens and actual camera instead of a camera phone.

In all seriousness, if someone inquired about their suppressors and I posted a better image of their work, it would change "some" minds, but not all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top