Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 12:24:21 AM EDT
Hi,

Having recently bought one, can anyone help me with some general info/opinions on rifles built around Armscorp receivers? Are they cast or forged & what's the general opinion on the quality of them in the U.S?

I realise the question is a bit academic seeing as how I've already bought one, but the availability of this type of rifle over here is limited to one dealer who builds them from scratch using Armscorp receivers & parts. Basically, if you want an M1A/M21 then this is the only option!!

Spec is as per the Armscorp M21:-

http://www.armscorpusa.com/Products/info.htm

Thanks in advance.

John.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:54:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Howdy John,

And welcome to the board.
You did the right thing by getting an Armscorp receiver.They're made the same since day 1.

Another good place for info. is www.M14forum.com
Come and visit when ya get a chance.

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks for the feedback shephard.

I'll check out the URL you posted next. I've done searches for dedicated M14/M1A boards before & not turned anything up. Thanks for the heads up. hn.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#3]
usa HI. John I have a armscropusa. m14 with all h&r g.i. parts. It is one of the best guns I have ever shot. I'm in love if it could cook the old lady would be gone.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Armscorp USA receivers are investment cast just like Springfield Armory, Inc.  It is a good receiver.  Armscorp USA has made more than 17,000 receivers so far, the third largest number of any commercial M14 type receiver manufacturer.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
.....I'm in love if it could cook the old lady would be gone.

LOL!head-fred
It's good to know the company over here that decided to build them to U.K spec. chose decent parts to do the job with.

Just need to work a decent load up now. Can't wait to start shooting it!!hanks
John.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I also own an NM rear-lugged Armscorp rcvr.  TRW bolt, NM op rod, barrel and sights.  Their castings are superb and their QC is excellent.  ArmscorpUSA also uses certain enhancements in the building of their receivers.  All I can say, from experience is that the damn thing will outshoot me!  In thousands of rounds (primarily Port ammo) I have never had a failure of any kind and I figure I'm at 1 to 1.5 MOA.  You can't do better.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Since we are discussing M-14 Rifles, exactly what is a NM Op Rod? I have seen them for the M-1 Rifle (and marked as such), but I haven't yet seen one for the M-14.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]
There are National Match operating rod spring guides for the M14.  I've not seen a National Match M14 operating rod.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Since we are discussing M-14 Rifles, exactly what is a NM Op Rod? I have seen them for the M-1 Rifle (and marked as such), but I haven't yet seen one for the M-14.

There's only 1 way to explain that one.I'll give it a try here.

On some new M14 op-rods,the receiver lug near the handle may be a bit over size by as little as .002-.003 Also known as hand picked and gauged.

These op-rods were used on M14 match rifles because they could be fitted to a paticular receiver.By fitting to the receiver the op-rod would be a tighter fit eliminating vibration and as much free play as possible.

The receiver lug would be taller and on some a hair thicker.Some were so tight after being fitted that you would have to pry them off the receiver if thay were dissassembled.

M14 NM op-rods were never marked like the M1 Garands.If you look around for a good M14 op-rod,you can sometimes still find one that would be a tight fit.I have 4 SAK and 3 TRW M14 op-rods that meet those requirements and I've sold new op-rods that customers said they couldn't get on the receiver.

HTH

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top