Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2002 2:43:03 PM EDT
A few days ago "Cactus Jack" had a thread going about rare Colts' AR's.  I was trying to get some information for C. Jack and came across a model of interest to me.

Now my question is this do any of you know anything about the Colts' Model 6700CH  ??  Came with 3-9X rubber armored variable scope, scope mount, carry handle with iron sights and nylon carrying case.

Any idea of price ??
Barrel twist ??

(Obviously this Model is similar to the Model 6700.)
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
According to my book it is a "Competition H-BAR with A2 sights, scope block mount, H-BAR 20" barrel, round handgaurd, 1/9 Twist, forward assist, without bayonet lug, 3-9x power scope".

Sorry no price guess.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
prolly over two grand.  Above that it would depend on what the individual was willing to spend to own one of these...
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]
5sub,

where did you find that info ? i found it in my searches, but forgot to mark it, i saw one pictured in the "Complete AR-15..." but never found one intact, just lyke my LNIB 6550K the .22LR conversion kit was lost along the way or one of the former owners decided to keep it, i belive few if any have the original scope..., one exception tho & that is those in private collections...... just a thot.....
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
5sub,

where did you find that info ? i found it in my searches, but forgot to mark it, i saw one pictured in the "Complete AR-15..." but never found one intact, just lyke my LNIB 6550K the .22LR conversion kit was lost along the way or one of the former owners decided to keep it, i belive few if any have the original scope..., one exception tho & that is those in private collections...... just a thot.....

Found the info in the "2002 Standard Catalog of Firearms, The Collector's Price & Reference Guide, 12th (and latest) Edition."  (page 339)

Also spoke with a friend of mine that probably quietly sells more upper end AR's, Galil, Valmets, FN's, etc., than anyone in the country and he remembered having at least two over the years so I do know this rifle exists.  (The 6700CH is identical to the 6700 with the addition of the accessories and was selected for accuracy.)  Introduced in 1992.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]
5Sub,

wud that friend by any chance be Mr. Charles of PreBanArms.com ??

i have a standing order wyth him for a special Colt, when/if it comes in he will call me....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top