Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/28/2002 3:44:40 PM EST
I have a Colt match target competion H-bar rifle that I purchased brand new a couple of weeks ago and this past saturday was the first chance I got to take it on the range and shoot it. The only problem was that every time I would come to the last round on the clip, the bolt would stop at the bolt lock and not push the last round into the chamber. I am using the clip that came with the rifle and I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem and if so what should I do about it.

ps if this is a redundent question I apologise, I'm kinda new the forum
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:04:33 PM EST
If this is your only magazine, borrow some USGI mags and try them, or better yet, buy a few preban USGI mags and give them a try. Is your mag a ten round mag with the rivits pinning the block so you can't put more than ten rounds? Try this mag with only eight or nine rounds in it, and if it functions properly like that, shitcan the mag and use the USGI mags, you will be better off that way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:41:48 PM EST
huskies, "oneshot" gives good advice. Pick up two 20-round preban mags. Get one with the green follower and one with black - see which your gun likes. (Or just get one with a green follower as this is most likely to work.)

By the way, it's mags you're wanting and not clips.

Welcome to AR15.com !!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:13:22 PM EST
Mine did the same exact thing when I first shot it. Use USGI Mags or.....

Take the spring out and put it in so the pressure is on the opposite side of the follower. Your follower is probably tilted to the right. If so, this is how you fix the problem.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:42:00 PM EST
BTW, no insult intended but it's a "magazine", not a "clip". A "clip" is what the Garand uses.

Welcome to the Forum! Now go buy an AR-10 to go with your AR-15!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:11:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/29/2002 1:12:27 AM EST by gus]

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
huskies, "oneshot" gives good advice. Pick up two 20-round preban mags. Get one with the green follower and one with black - see which your gun likes. (Or just get one with a green follower as this is most likely to work.)

By the way, it's mags you're wanting and not clips.

Welcome to AR15.com !!

Actually, if you buy USGI 20rd mags, they should have alloy followers. I think you were thinking of 30rd mags.
It does sound like huskies has a mag problem though. I'd try some GI mags before I worried about the rifle.
Top Top