Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 11:57:02 AM EDT
When the asault weapons ban expires, does this take away the ban on "assault" pistols?  I'm refering to the 50 oz limit on semi-auto and what ever else the qualifications for the ban are.
In other words, will I be able to build an AR pistol (out of a correct reciever of course)?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
That is correct, IF the ban is alowed to sunset unmolested.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That is correct, IF the ban is alowed to sunset unmolested.

The ban WILL sunset.  I just hope there isn't a new one any time soon.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
of course when i said "unmolested" i ment the situtation not being tampered with, like a pre emptive ban, but i digress
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
ah...

I've looked at the ban, and did not see the part about pistols.  Is this in the ban, or just a liberal view taken by the BATFE?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that most of the conditions you are talking about such as on pistols actually refers to the really onerous restrictions put in place by President Bush (the elder). He did it without even a discossion with congress by executive order as a regulation put in place by his Treasury Secretary.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think that most of the conditions you are talking about such as on pistols actually refers to the really onerous restrictions put in place by President Bush (the elder). He did it without even a discossion with congress by executive order as a regulation put in place by his Treasury Secretary.

I think this is true.  This is what outlawed things like H&K's SP89.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#7]
im fairly sure te AW ban has a provision on pistols. something similar to the rifle part but the features are diffrent. they are 50 oz weight, "barrel shroud" and shit like that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is true.  This is what outlawed things like H&K's SP89.

Wasn't the elder Bush's ban only on imports?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually I think mattsd is right.  The elder Bush's executive order ban was on imported rifles (like the H&K 9x series).  The AW ban is what got the pistols like the SP89 because of weight, shroud, etc.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top