Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/24/2006 3:50:47 PM EST
I have a commercial M1 Carbine (not a USGI) and I would like to put a new stock on it. I bought it used with an aftermarket polymer folding stock and would like to make it look and feel like a USGI Carbine.

Boyd's makes the appropriate stock and handgaurds, but what else do I need in the way of hardware and where do I get it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:36:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/24/2006 6:37:20 PM EST by dfariswheel]
You'll need:
A buttplate and screw.
A recoil plate, a screw, and the plate screw nut that fits in the hole just behind the trigger guard.
A barrel band spring.

This assumes your carbine has a band installed around the barrel that holds both the stock and hand guard in place.

Here's some places to get them:
The parts you'll need are listed here as:
1. Butt plate screw.
2. Butt plate.
7. Recoil Plate Screw.
8. Recoil Plate.
24. Band Spring
42. Stock Escutcheon (Recoil plate screw nut).

Other places to get Carbine parts:






Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:58:12 PM EST
It also depends if your carbine is a later made Universal carbine. Newer Universal carbines have a non GI trigger group that needs a larger opening on the stock. plainfield and other aftermarket guns use GI stocks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:31:08 AM EST
Hey thanks guys, that's extremely helpfull.

It's a Plainfeild BTW.
Top Top