Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:02:06 PM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a 1909 Argentine mauser receiver with bolt.  The bolt and receiver are matching and the crest is intack.  Receiver was made in Berlin also.  How much should I offer for the receiver?  I was thinking about $50..............is that fair?  The condition of the receiver is awesome.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
PROBABLY MISSING THE FLOORPLATE AND TRIGGER GUARD ASSEMBLY???

THE 1909 ACTION IS HIGHLY PRIZED FOR THAT ITEM, IT IS ALMOST 'SPORTING' IN NATURE AND HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER BY BUILDERS OF FINE SPORTING RIFLES............

$40-50 WOULD BE A REASONABLE PRICE TO GIVE...........

A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO, I PURCHASED A COLUMBIAN FN MDL1950 SHORT RIFLE,  (BBLD ACTION), IN 30-06 FOR $25, AND THOUGHT IT A DECENT DEAL..........
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#2]
It has the trigger/guard assembly but it's missing the floorplate which is no biggie to me.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
IT MAY BECOME ONE WHEN YOU TRY TO FIND A REPLACEMENT....

UNLESS YOU JUST SWAP THE WHOLE GUARD ASSEMBLY WITH  A MORE MUNDANE MDL 98.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just sold something similar on the EE with a (fully disclosed)shot out barrel. $75. It had a nice stock though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
If I saw one at a fun show on a table for $50 I snatch it up in a heartbeat.  Especially if I were making it into a custom rifle, I'd customize a stock 98 floorplate/triggerguard to fit.  Even if I was to put it back to original, I'd still grab it for $50. 09's are a heck of an action, especially with the crest intact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top