Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2005 10:32:03 AM EDT

Where is the best place to install a stud for mounting a bipod ?? Forward or behind the sling attatchment ?

What is the BEST way to go about this ?

Springfield said to send them the rifle and they will install one for 45 bucks ... If I crack the stock it will void it's warranty ...

What do you guy's think ???

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:49:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 10:50:11 AM EDT by dfariswheel]
Probably the most "elegant" solution would be to remove the forward sling swivel rivet, and replace it with the stud.

Done properly, the stud would act as the forward rivet AND a stud.

Don't put the stud behind the swivel, it'll interfer with using the sling for shooting, and interfer with your hand when gripping the fore end.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:14:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:20:54 PM EDT
when i did mine i removed the stock and drilled out a hole in the stock between the existing hole and the sling swivel. i don't know what drill bit i used and there was an issue with the front sling swivel. so be sure to set the bipod where you need it and mark it before you drill the hole. i installed a wood swivel and used JB-Weld on the inside to give it more support. a little electrical tape on the gas tube and reattach. let dry and take it all apart so you can dremel tool the extra JB weld down again. it has not come loose.
Top Top