Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/19/2004 6:23:13 AM EDT
Can you fire them from the M82A1 w/muzzle brake attached?

Also, whats the velocity of the .30 cal sabotafter exiting the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's some info, REAL SLAP AMMO

I think the M82's that were chambered for SLAP ammo had the bore dia size increased in the muzzle brakes, that way when they left the barrel and started to shed the sabot it didn't hit the brake.

As far as those other (wanna be) sabots are concerned, I don't know. You can do a search on Maadi Griffin, they use to sell them and had loading info for them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's some info, REAL SLAP AMMO

I think the M82's that were chambered for SLAP ammo had the bore dia size increased in the muzzle brakes, that way when they left the barrel and started to shed the sabot it didn't hit the brake.

As far as those other (wanna be) sabots are concerned, I don't know. You can do a search on Maadi Griffin, they use to sell them and had loading info for them.

Is new production SLAP ammo legal for us civies to buy??
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can own it. You can usually pick up SLAP at Knob Creek starting around $10 a pop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I would call barrett and ask them, if I am correct it was stated that the plastic around the round would hit the muzzle brake.jason in va
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
do not fire sabots in a gun with a brake!

never ever, under any circumstances
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:16:54 AM EDT
[#6]
seconded never fire sabots with the brake
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top