Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 8:31:23 PM EDT
I am fairly new to the class 3 (trust) process....   so I have a few questions.

I am looking at the Spikes 22 upper, getting it in a 11.5 barrel, with the full (auto) trip on it. And then I am going to get a Gemtech suppressor.

So the questions I have is

1.  How many tax stamps would i have to pay on this weapon?  One for just the upper and one for just the suppressor?  Or two fo the upper due to it is fully auto and due to it is a SBR and one for the suppressor?

2.  How would I list this in my trust?   List the AR-15 and the Upper Separate?  or would it be considered one weapon? and what about my upper for 5.56?

Thanks for any help that you can give me
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of FA are you doing registered receiver or drop in sear.  With a pre 86 registered m16 lower you can put any length barrel you want on it.  If it is a registered drop in auto sear you need one for the sear and 1 for the SBR since they are seperate parts.  And of course 1 for the can.  The lower is the part that is the gun,not the upper.  On your trust you can list it as a whole gun with the other upper listed as well.  Also there are no new machine guns allowed to be produced so Im not sure what you mean by the auto trip.

Also from the website I saw AL dosent allow short barrel rifles
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you   that is what I wanted to know
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
nm
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What kind of FA are you doing registered receiver or drop in sear.  With a pre 86 registered m16 lower you can put any length barrel you want on it.  If it is a registered drop in auto sear you need one for the sear and 1 for the SBR since they are seperate parts.  And of course 1 for the can.  The lower is the part that is the gun,not the upper.  On your trust you can list it as a whole gun with the other upper listed as well.  Also there are no new machine guns allowed to be produced so Im not sure what you mean by the auto trip.

Also from the website I saw AL dosent allow short barrel rifles

The "auto trip" is just a piece that attaches to the bottom of the .22 conversion device that allows it to trip the auto sear. It only works with a RR or RDIAS, so it is not a full-auto conversion device. There is usually an anti bounce weight that is needed as well.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats kinda what I was trying to figure out as it sounded in the original post like he was trying to get an auto and possibly thought the auto trip would do it for him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top