Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/24/2005 9:14:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 9:15:00 AM EDT by ManiacRat461]
I checked thru on tacked threads but dont recall seeing any answer to this. Is there a required amount of purchases you have to make to keep your C&R and also are you allowed to sell any weapons at all? I am not wanting to make a business out of it but I probably would end up selling them after a little while or if I bought something I did not like etc. I just requested the license packet from the ATF and can not wait........now if only if they would put A1's on C&R list...........
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:00:05 AM EDT
You can't run a business on a C&R license. That much is for sure. Otherwise you get comments about this that are all over the place.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By ManiacRat461:
I checked thru on tacked threads but dont recall seeing any answer to this. Is there a required amount of purchases you have to make to keep your C&R and also are you allowed to sell any weapons at all? I am not wanting to make a business out of it but I probably would end up selling them after a little while or if I bought something I did not like etc. I just requested the license packet from the ATF and can not wait........now if only if they would put A1's on C&R list...........

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:13:09 AM EDT
You can sell them but only a few, a few being up to the discression of whatever agent is paying you a visit. It is a grey area best avoided IMO.

I haven't heard of any minumum purchase requirements.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:33:18 AM EDT
No minimum purchase requirement to keep the license.

If you sell guns you don't use, don't like or are selling off some guns to finance another purchase you are not going to have a problem.

You can sell quite a few guns and not have a problem with the BATFE. If they see you CONTINUALLY buying M1 garands from the CMP for $375 and selling them for $600 you might have some explaining to do. Basically if you are not advertising, keeping items 'in stock' and continually selling the same items you will be fine.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:43:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bump0x:

If you sell guns you don't use, don't like or are selling off some guns to finance another purchase you are not going to have a problem.

You can sell quite a few guns and not have a problem with the BATFE. If they see you CONTINUALLY buying M1 garands from the CMP for $375 and selling them for $600 you might have some explaining to do. Basically if you are not advertising, keeping items 'in stock' and continually selling the same items you will be fine.

Alright thanks, like I said I am not lookin to make money , but considering most C&R fire arms very cheap, knowing how I am, I will end up with a quite a few and end up selling to buy another expensive etc but thanks exactly what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:14:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:28:59 PM EDT
Don't do anything you are NOT willing to explain to the compliance inspector.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By ManiacRat461:

Originally Posted By bump0x:

Alright thanks, like I said I am not lookin to make money , but considering most C&R fire arms very cheap, knowing how I am, I will end up with a quite a few and end up selling to buy another expensive etc but thanks exactly what I needed to know.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:31:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
I tend to buy 2 or 3 of each that I want, usually from different suppliers. I keep the best ones and sell the ones I don't want to my brother for what I paid for them.

+1

I bought a pair of M48 mausers, kept the matching serial number one for myself and sold the other mismatched one to my brother, which ended up being a damn accurate rifle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:33:15 PM EDT
Having a C&R license is great if you live in California. If a gun shop out here sells an M44 for $100 it's normally not THAT nice (but not beat) but it'll end up costing you $140.72 after you pay taxes and fees. You can find a real sweet M44 for less than $100 shipped elsewhere using your C&R. That one purchase saves you over $40 bucks which is less than the cost of the license for three years. Using my C&R license and mail ordering guns I've saved hundreds of dollars just not paying transfer fee's.
Top Top