Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2002 3:31:57 PM EDT
I hate to sound stupid but....

I have an A.R.M.S. Aimpoint Throw Lever Ring Mount, its stamped "COMP M68", and I have an Aimpoint CompML2. I mounted the Aimpoint and the rings do not contact at all. I have had some generic rings on cheaper weapons that didnt exactly match before but I am wondering if this is an older ring? On the Arms website its called "22M68".
Do any of you have one? Does it fit like this? The gap is approx 3/32 on each side.

I called ARMS and they said they said there is some variations on this item but they were just generally wondering if I was able to mount it. When I described how it fit they said it was ok. But if I am going to pay so much for a mount I want it to be right.

A good friend in TX is sending me a GG&G to try. I had been using a Reflex and swithced to the Aimpoint. Now I'm not sure about the mount.

I need some imput for other ARMS/Aimpoint users, help!?!?!

DoorKicker6

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I hate to sound stupid but....

I have an A.R.M.S. Aimpoint Throw Lever Ring Mount, its stamped "COMP M68", and I have an Aimpoint CompML2. I mounted the Aimpoint and the rings do not contact at all. I have had some generic rings on cheaper weapons that didnt exactly match before but I am wondering if this is an older ring? On the Arms website its called "22M68".

Mine is marked M68 on the mount, and "A.R.M.S.-17 TRI-LOCK" on the base.  It is a #22M68.  There may be a minor difference between the original Comp mount, and the Comp M2 mount.  Mine has a Comp ML2 in it and it fits like all of my optics do, with a small gap between the rings on the sides.

Your "generic rings" analogy sounds defective to me.  IF the gap is closed completely, as they will with NO scope in the mount), how would you know if they are holding the optic securely?

Do any of you have one?

Yes.

Does it fit like this? The gap is approx 3/32 on each side.

Yes.

I called ARMS and they said they said there is some variations on this item but they were just generally wondering if I was able to mount it. When I described how it fit they said it was ok. But if I am going to pay so much for a mount I want it to be right.

I believe that it is right.

A good friend in TX is sending me a GG&G to try. I had been using a Reflex and swithced to the Aimpoint. Now I'm not sure about the mount.

I need some imput for other ARMS/Aimpoint users, help!?!?!

DoorKicker6

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My ARMS mount and Comp ML2 fit exactly the same way.

Personally I don't think it's a problem and I had never even noticed it before. (I mean, you've got the scope tight in its mounting and it's not going to move, so who cares if there's a slight gap there?)

Just out of curiousity, I checked a couple of weaver rings on two other scopes I own and they also have a gap of about the same dimensions.

Never bothered me but ymmv.

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top