Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 4:16:16 AM EDT
I am new to the NFA world, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

My Form 1 for a SBR was sent back to me for correction.  I had my Form 1 done by a lawyer who set up my trust.  He put in the Caliber field of the Form 1 multiple calibers.  It was sent back to me stating I needed to specify one caliber.  I asked him about this and he said that he does it on all of his Forms.  Well turns out he is wrong.  Anyway, that is a different story.  I am pretty upset.

For the Question.  When I send in the new Form 1 with the correction and signature, do I need to put the current date when I sign it or should I leave the old date from the previous Form 1?  Like I said, I am new to this NFA stuff.  I just don't want the Form to be sent back again.  Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I would probably make the correction on the form 1 and send it back that way. If you create a new form 1 it will probably go through the entire process again. I once had the incorrect serial number on a form 4 that was returned to my dealer. He changed the number of the original form 4 and sent it back to the atf.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  You are right.

Spoke to my examiner today.  He told me to cross out the extra calibers with a single line and initial it.  He said to place any additional calibers or barrell lengths under 4.h. - Additional Description, on my original Form 1.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Your attorney wasn't necessarily wrong. The BATFE has an informal ruling on whether to allow multiple barrel lengths/calibers. Currently, some examiners allow it, but most do not. Up until about a year ago, all examiners allowed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top