Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 3:16:16 AM EST
I am new to the NFA world, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

My Form 1 for a SBR was sent back to me for correction. I had my Form 1 done by a lawyer who set up my trust. He put in the Caliber field of the Form 1 multiple calibers. It was sent back to me stating I needed to specify one caliber. I asked him about this and he said that he does it on all of his Forms. Well turns out he is wrong. Anyway, that is a different story. I am pretty upset.

For the Question. When I send in the new Form 1 with the correction and signature, do I need to put the current date when I sign it or should I leave the old date from the previous Form 1? Like I said, I am new to this NFA stuff. I just don't want the Form to be sent back again. Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:46:23 AM EST
I would probably make the correction on the form 1 and send it back that way. If you create a new form 1 it will probably go through the entire process again. I once had the incorrect serial number on a form 4 that was returned to my dealer. He changed the number of the original form 4 and sent it back to the atf.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:04:22 AM EST
Thanks for the reply. You are right.

Spoke to my examiner today. He told me to cross out the extra calibers with a single line and initial it. He said to place any additional calibers or barrell lengths under 4.h. - Additional Description, on my original Form 1.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:53:00 PM EST
Your attorney wasn't necessarily wrong. The BATFE has an informal ruling on whether to allow multiple barrel lengths/calibers. Currently, some examiners allow it, but most do not. Up until about a year ago, all examiners allowed it.
Top Top