Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2006 7:59:46 AM EDT
After sitting on it for a year I now want to get my M48 out and shoot it. So the question is which ammo do I buy, the 50's Yugo or the 70's Romanian ? TIA, Nick
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I like both! The Romanian is a lighter bullet, and easier on you for a long day of shooting.

If you can, get some of both, and see if you and your rifle have a preference for either.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the 50's Yugo. I can shoot it all day and it the heavier bullet (196 gr.) functions great in my FN49.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The Yugo is the ammo made for that rifle. I like it because the 196gr bullet is regulated to the sights. I can routinely hit a 2' x3' steel gong at 462 yards at our local range. I also shoot alot of the 150gr Turkish ammo from widners because its cheap.

Get that rifle out and shoot it, you will love it. I shoot about 8 cases per year through mine because the ammo is so cheap.

Have fun.

Ed
Link Posted: 12/26/2006 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Yugo is the ammo made for that rifle. I like it because the 196gr bullet is regulated to the sights. I can routinely hit a 2' x3' steel gong at 462 yards at our local range. I also shoot alot of the 150gr Turkish ammo from widners because its cheap.

Get that rifle out and shoot it, you will love it. I shoot about 8 cases per year through mine because the ammo is so cheap.

Have fun.

Ed

+1 on the Turkish ammo.  I think its some of the most fun to shoot...it really bangs you up to!  I found that the Romanian stuff is kind of weak...I also go sick of getting gassed out by the punctured primers .

Turk
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer Turkish but good luck finding that now. Go with the Yugo.  If I had to rank my favorite they would be in order of:

Yugo from the 70's
Turkish
Yugo from the 50's
Albanian
Romanian
Ecuador

Unfortunately it seems everything has dried up but the Romanian and the 50's Yugo
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up some turkish on EE.   Got to send out a USPMO in the morning.  He still has some left but I think there are others in line.      Sadly I only have one case of the 70s Yugo.   I had some loose and shot it.   Did very well.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top