Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 2:03:49 PM EDT
A gentleman I know is just starting up a small gunshop. He already has his FFL and is open for business. I am wanting to purchase an Armalite AR-10 in about a month. I saw on Armalite's website where you can send an ink-signed copy of your FFL to become a dealer. I am considering asking him to do so. I have NOT spoke to him yet until I get the facts. Does he deal with Armalite direct, or with a distributor. If distributor, does he just locate one and send FFL to them instead of Armalite? Can any FFL holders recommend a distributor with cheap prices and e-mail me an address? Just let me know how to make arrangements. Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy, chances are good that he will never have another order for an Armalite, but who knows? We live in a rural area and his business will mostly be with locals who think that AR-series rifles are "machineguns". A friend of mine has an AR-15 with a Watson's Weapons .50BMG upper on it for sale at the shop on consignment, and it is the talk of the town. Will Armalite provide him a list of distributors or does he locate one himself? I know nothing about these matters. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Have him send his FFL to Armalite and the dist's (such as RSR). I've gotten all my orders from Armalite so far but at times due to availabilty you need to look elsewhere. I find it easier getting Bushmasters from dist's than the factory (faster too!)...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top