Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:26:26 PM EDT
Are these things graduated for the 154gr. trajectory, or the 196gr??

I'm hoping 196, I really like that loading and would like to do some known-distance long range work with it.
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what to tell you. My M48 shoots the Yugo 70's stuff the most accurately, but I had to put a taller front sight blade on for it to zero at 100 yards. Don't know off hand what weight bullet that is.

For comparison though, I have some Olympic ammo that has a 180 grain bullet, and IIRC it shoots a few inches lower at 100 yards with the same sight setting.

Does that help any?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mojo Microclick works for whatever load you have

I've personally decided that the Mojo sight is the answer for my problems shooting the M48.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Nay on the mojo, I'm staying traditional

I'm guessing that it's for 196, because on closer inspection the sight base curves much differently than my ohter M98 which was made in the 20's and without a doubt sighted for 154gr spitzers.

Thanks for the replies guys
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nay on the mojo, I'm staying traditional

I'm guessing that it's for 196, because on closer inspection the sight base curves much differently than my ohter M98 which was made in the 20's and without a doubt sighted for 154gr spitzers.

Thanks for the replies guys

More power to you RABID.  Unfortunately the traditional sights on my M48 don't seem to serve me very well.  Of course, go with whatever works for you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as I'm wearing my glasses I'm deadly with those sights. When I was younger I didn't have problems using any sights with uncorrected vision. When I use peeps I don't seem to have problems, I forgot my glasses and went to the range to qualify and got a near perfect score, I doubt I could have done that with v-notch sights without my glasses.

Thanks again guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top